Stereo 8 is working with three local surf artists (Phil Goodrich, Justin Morris, and Chris Kemp) to raise money for the Warrior Surf Foundation (WSF). Proceeds from any purchases made in the gallery go to WSF.
The restaurant is also serving a Warrior Surf Sour cocktail that benefits WSF.
On November 13th, Stereo 8 will host 1% for the Planet and Finlandia for an event.
The restaurant was named an OpenTable Diner’s Choice Award Winner for October 2015.
- On Friday, November 20th, cookbook author Nicole Brown is teaming up with Chef BJ Dennis for the The Up South Dinner at Joseph Fields Farm in Johns Island. Tickets are available here.
- Brown will also host “Salt, Sugar, Syrup: Cranberries,” a book signing and demonstration, at Mixson Market on 11/21. Get those details here.
- Aya Cookhouse’s next wine dinner will be held on Wednesday, November 18th at 6:30 pm. The event will feature the wines of Espaco Rural and Quinta de Arcosso. The Portugese wines will be paired with Asian fusion fare using ingredients native to the region, like eel and pork. $65 plus tax and gratuity. Reservations are required, and seats are limited. More info on Facebook.
- The Glass Onion will partner with The Country Vintner to feature sparkling wine and sparkling wine cocktails for their next monthly charity beverage tasting on Wednesday, December 9th from 5:30 to 7:30 pm. The tasting will also feature small bites and costs $10 per person. Half of every ticket will benefit the Lowcountry Food Bank. Attendees can also bring in a non-perishable food item to the event. There will also be copies of Feeding Charleston available for purchase. $10 of each book sold, will also be donated. Get further details here.
- On Thursday, November 19th, upcoming restaurant Pancito & Lefty will host a pop-up event at Faculty Lounge. There will be food and cocktails that may appear on P&L’s menu available from 5 pm – 10 pm.
- This Saturday from noon until 5 pm, Shem Creek Bar and Grill will host a Shem Creek Oyster Roast. Joseph Tedesco will perform. Attendance is $6 per person. Proceeds will benefit the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life.
Local Organizations Partnering for Overdose Awareness Day Event on August 31st
The Charleston County Department of Alcohol and other Drug Abuse Services (DAODAS or the Charleston Center) is partnering with the...