Last week, Chef Frank Lee of S.N.O.B. appeared on an episode of PBS’s A Chef’s Life. The show is a documentary and cooking series that follows Chef Vivian Howard as she visits with others in the food and beverage industry.
During his segment, Chef Lee shared a Gullah recipe for Clam Hash, which you can see the recipe for below. After the recipe, you can watch Lee’s clip from the program.
Chef Lee’s Clam Hash: Serves 4 people
- 12-16 medium to large clams (shells scrubbed, shucked raw, cleaned of muddy sack, chopped)
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 6-8 saltine crackers
- 2 large tablespoons chopped parsley
- Soak clams in icy water. Scrub the shells and clean the clams of any muddy parts.
- Over a large bowl, shuck the clams (NOTE: I use a sharp knife and hand protection for this step).
- Separate the clams from the liquid. Be sure to remove any little pieces of shell from the shucking. Strain and reserve remaining juice to remove shell and grit. Save liquid. Chop the clams.
- Cook the bacon crisp in a large skillet (I like a 9-10” cast iron) – remove, reserve bacon. Pour off most of the fat and add the onion, cook until tender.
- Add the chopped clams and the juice. Bring to a quick simmer.
- Crumble the saltines in the hash to thicken – remove from heat.
- Just before serving, add the chopped parsley and crumble the bacon on top. Daisy would serve the hash over stone ground whole grits with soft scrambled eggs and sliced tomato.
Charleston Wine + Food Moving Culinary Village to North Charleston in March 2022, Adds Free Programming
A full 16 years after its first iteration took over Marion Square, Charleston Wine + Food is expanding the footprint...
14th Annual Captain’s Comic Expo by Captain’s Comics & Toys
Latin American Festival set for Oct. 10 at Wannamaker County Park
Charleston Beer Week: Palmetto Brewing’s LIVE Can Art Competition
Junk Drawer, an Art Show About Things, Opens Oct. 1 at Meyer Vogl Gallery
Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum to Feature Symposium Examining Diversity in World War II
Moranz Entertainment Celebrates ‘The Glory of Gershwin’ for 3 Shows at Forte Jazz Lounge
- Uncategorized8 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized2 years ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized4 months ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Events21 hours ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Uncategorized3 months ago
Appreciating Whisky Online Singapore Drinks
- Weekend Preview7 hours ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Uncategorized1 year ago
How to Use Instagram For Your Music Career?
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Tips To Get Glowing Skin For Men