Tomorrow, the Palmetto Brewing Company will celebrate the release of a new, limited-edition beer called Althea. The Special Bottle Release Show will take place from 7 t0 10 pm at the brewery’s Huger Street headquarters.
Althea is a Russian Imperial Stout brewed with three strains of yeast, aged in select Buffalo Trace bourbon barrels for six months, and bottle conditioned (naturally carbonated). The beer represents many “firsts” Palmetto:
- First large format 22-oz. bottle release
- First barrel-aged beer
- First time bottle conditioning
As for the release event, here are some other details:
- There will be a limit of two bottle purchaes per customer
- Bottle Giveaway: Each guest will earn a drawing ticket per bottle purchased
- Drawings for a free bottle will take place each hour
- The Reckoning will play a full set of Grateful Dead tunes
- The new beer’s name was inspired by The Grateful Dead song, “Althea”
- The band will play the Dead’s August 4, 1979 show in its entirety. It’s the show where “Althea” debuted
- Complimentary fare from Graze
For more information, visit the Facebook Event Page.
Recovery Jam Happening This Saturday Featuring Grammy Nominee
The 3rd annual Recovery Jam presented by Crews Subaru will take place this Saturday, December 3rd at the Isle of...