- Haley on floodwaters approaching Lowcountry: ‘This is a different kind of bad’ (ABC News 4).
- SCEMD: Georgetown Co. will see flooding in next 12 hours (Live 5 News).
- Town of Andrews, nestled between Santee and Black Rivers, prepares for worst (ABC News 4).
- Charleston Co. urging residents near Edisto, Santee rivers to leave their homes (Live 5 News).
- Berkeley County to open shelter Friday afternoon (News 2).
- 33 dogs relocated from Charleston shelter to ease overcrowding in flood’s wake (Post & Courier).
- Rescue crews recover animals left behind as people escape floods (ABC News 4).
- See Photos of a Baby Squirrel Saved From South Carolina Floods (Good Morning America).
- Closings, cancellations and postponements (News 2).
- Flood waters in no hurry to go (Post & Courier).
- With broken spirits, heartbroken Huger neighbors return to destroyed homes (ABC News 4).
- ‘Love Thy Neighbor’ effort to help flood victims has roots in Emanuel AME tragedy (ABC News 4).
- After the flood, a rush to preserve drinking water (ABC News 4).
- Woman clings to cross for hours awaiting flood rescue (News 2).
- Verizon donates $40,000 to Red Cross and Harvest Hope Food Bank (News 2).
- WATCH: Folly Beach surfers make the most of big waves during weekend-long storm (Charleston City Paper).
- Flooding victims reunited with police officers who saved them from drowning (ABC News 4).
BEWARE OF SCAMS
- City of Charleston receiving reports of people claiming to be with FEMA (Live 5 News).
- Scam Alert: Jury Duty Scam (ABC News 4).
- Should Charleston restaurants stay open during severe storms? (Charleston City Paper).
- Biergarten Hosts Flood Relief Fundraiser Tomorrow (HCS).
- Upcoming Vegan Restaurant Gnome Cafe Displays Signage (Eater Charleston).
- The Parks Conservancy Invites You Out to Lunch on 10/23 (HCS).
- Starters shine at Ms. Rose’s Fine Food and Cocktails (Post & Courier).
- BK’s Halloween Whopper is a savory lab-to-table nightmare (Charleston City Paper).
- R Kitchen to occupy half of Heritage at Seabrook (Post & Courier).
- The Hottest Brunch Spots in Charleston, October 2015 (Eater Charleston).
- Charleston Jewish Food & Heritage Festival celebrates KKBE sanctuary’s 175th anniversary (Post & Courier).
- Summerville girl meets Seahawks’ Jimmy Graham after tearful video goes viral (ABC News 4).
- Actor Channing Tatum gives video shoutout to Summerville High School (Post & Courier).
- Musicians release SC Flood Relief compilation (Charleston City Paper).
- Imbibe in Friday’s Pabst Blue Ribbon Art Showcase (HCS).
- Fossil in the marble among new Gaillard Center’s architectural flourishes (Post & Courier).
- Follypalooza Takes Over The Edge of America on 10/24 (HCS).
- Indie new-wavers the Winter Sounds find an even keel in music that soars and swoops (Charleston City Paper).
- The Gaillard Center’s success hinges on the Charleston Symphony Orchestra (Charleston City Paper).
- Johnson C. Smith University Concert Choir to perform in landmark Spoleto Festival USA production of Porgy and Bess in 2016 (Spoleto USA).
- Jail Break founder Andrew Walker talks creativity, burn out, and walking away (Charleston City Paper).
- Sally King Benedict rediscovers Charleston in her latest exhibit, “Returning” (Charleston City Paper).
- Perry Orth to start at quarterback for Gamecocks against LSU (Post & Courier).
- Brave Baby delivers defining sophomore LP Electric Friends (Charleston City Paper).
- Food & Bev-Focused Mayoral Forum Scheduled for Monday (HCS).
- State senator, Charleston sheriff hold justice forum (ABC News 4).
- Reining in the Beach Company (Charleston City Paper).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Jimmy Bailey, Jr. (HCS).
- Mt. Pleasant Town Council candidates must battle a rapidly growing community (Charleston City Paper).
- Union campaign targeting Boeing South Carolina moves online with NLRB ruling (Post & Courier).
- Baker Motor Company Aims to Raise $10,000 for Susan G. Komen Lowcountry with #PinkRibbonRolls Campaign (BMC).
- 64-year-old N. Charleston man killed in fiery wreck on Rivers Avenue (Post & Courier).
- Coroner: Remains found in Awendaw are homicide victim (ABC News 4).
- Truck collides with school bus in Moncks Corner (ABC News 4).
- Police searching for suspect in shooting, robbery (Live 5 News).
- 3-month-old injured in Daniel Island crash (Post & Courier).
- Harbour Club hosts Charity Classic benefiting Camp Rise Above (News 2).
- Blotter: Paint it blue (Charleston City Paper).
Events1 hour ago
Charleston Weekend Events
There’s ALWAYS something to do in Charleston – especially on the weekend. If you need help finding plans, just consult...
Events17 hours ago
Wild Dunes Resort Hosting Spring Job Fair on February 10th
Comedy17 hours ago
Rip City Announces New Shows – Including One on a Boat!
Events18 hours ago
Historic Charleston Foundation to Present the 76th Festival of Houses and Gardens
Events18 hours ago
Islander 71 to Host Oyster Roasts Every Saturday in February and March
Art18 hours ago
The Exchange District Hosting Valentine’s Bingo Stroll
Events18 hours ago
Blu Oyster Sushi + Seafood and Odyssey Bottle Shop Partner for Farewell to Dry January