HOW TO HELP
- harborGood: A network to help match people who need assistance with those willing to help.
- Central Carolina Community Fund: 100% of all donations goes to Midlands flood relief organizations. Be sure to note “#SCFlood” on the form.
- SC’s minor league baseball teams launch GoFundMe page with $10,000 for flood victims (ABC News 4).
- SC Gov: Death toll from flooding rises to 16, next 48 hours is critical (ABC News 4).
- Governor predicts days ahead will be volatile (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Historic, 1,000-year flood ‘like nothing South Carolina has ever seen’ (Post & Courier).
- Video, photos give better look at Lowcountry flooding (Live 5 News).
- Crews rescue more than 50 from North Charleston neighborhood (ABC News 4).
- Many victims now turn to paying for flood damage with city’s help (ABC News 4).
- Business owners, individuals can apply now for federal aid (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- NOW WHAT? Important phone numbers, info you’ll need (Live 5 News).
- State: Beware of scam artists in wake of disaster (Post & Courier).
- Officials: 18 dams being monitored, 9 breached, 1 intentionally breached (News 2).
- Roads crumbling under strain of floodwaters (ABC News 4).
- Relief efforts kick in: Water Missions sends water purification systems to Columbia (ABC News 4).
- ‘Flood Gawkers’ make bad situation, even worse (News 2).
- Summerville neighborhood’s residents watch river’s floodwater fill streets, property (ABC News 4).
- West Ashley church destroyed by floodwaters (Live 5 News).
- Neighbors turn trucks to ferries to get people across flooded road in Berkeley County (ABC News 4).
- Concerns over rising Edisto River, residents urged to evacuate (Live 5 News).
- S.C. Pastor Braves Floodwaters to Save Casket for Grieving Family (NECN).
- Weekend’s historic rains will continue to plague trees for weeks, even years (Post & Courier).
- Berkeley County Rescue Squad saves fellow squad member (News 2).
- Boy, 12, makes the most of flooded neighborhood with front porch fishing (ABC News 4 ).
- Widow of fallen Forest Acres police officer volunteers at Harvest Hope (Live 5 News).
- Town of Kingstree shut down, isolated by floodwaters of Black River (ABC News 4).
- Flooding a “shipwreck” for area farms (Post & Courier).
- Oyster season closes two days after it began (Charleston City Paper).
- Charitable food events taken down by flooding (Post & Courier).
- Palmetto Brewing to Host Pop Up Dinner with John Lewis (HCS).
- Lotus Vietnamese Cuisine Unlocked the Doors Yesterday: Here’s the Menu (Eater Charleston).
- Poogan’s Porch Returns to Palmetto Brewing for Annual Pig Roast & Bourbon Sip (HCS).
- Ellis Creek puts a contemporary twist on fish camp fare (Post & Courier).
- Leftovers: Tidbits from the Food & Bev Community (HCS).
- Seasonings lacking in normally vibrant Southern-Cajun-Creole culinary mix (Post & Courier).
- Measuring the Charleston storm by the Waffle House Index (Charleston City Paper).
- Charleston-Based Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit Is Coming to Atlanta (Eater Charleston).
- No Kid Hungry Dinner, Prohibition Beer Dinner, John Lewis Dinner (Eater Charleston).
- Colbert takes issue after Joaquin gets ‘intimate’ with South Carolina (Charleston City Paper).
- South Carolina ‘not 100 percent sure’ home game against LSU will go on as planned (Post & Courier).
- Carolina Surf Film Festival Returns for 2nd Edition (HCS).
- Charleston’s Bulldog Tours in the Running for Best Ghost Tour in the Country (10 Best).
- That BIG Book Sale Returns on October 9th (HCS).
- Former Charleston Southern walk-on Charles James becomes instant celebrity thanks to HBO’s ‘Hard Knocks’ (Post & Courier).
- Kiawah Island Golf Resort Operational After Historic Rain Event (Kiawah Resort).
- High school football teams back in action (Post & Courier).
- Just Announced: Star-studded Pro-Am Jam & golf tournament; new Rockumentary series at the Grove (Post & Courier).
- Southern Charm Cast Responds to Record-Breaking South Carolina Floods (Bravo).
- Tourists try enjoying Charleston amid stormy weather (Post & Courier).
- You can now stream local band Youth Model’s “Open Season” EP (SoundCloud).
- Spoleto Festival announces production of ‘Porgy and Bess’ (Post & Courier).
- Charleston Art Explosion Scheduled for 10/16 (HCS).
- Matt Monday Confirms Release Date for “Filthy” Album (MattMondayMusic).
- Scorecard backs The Citadel’s legendary networking, flunks Art Institute (Post & Courier).
- ‘Charleston Syllabus’ Events Prompt Discussions on Race (CofC).
- Emanuel AME shooting victim’s husband files lawsuit seeking transparency (Post & Courier).
- Report: North Charleston, Charleston among fastest-growing U.S. economies (Post & Courier).
- Facebook video of man trying to touch dolphins on Folly sparks probe (Post & Courier).
- Bad Bitches Scholarship Application (Google Docs).
- The Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum’s education department needs help in their search for local veterans who served in the Korean War Battle of Chosin Reservoir. They are currently researching the battle for a symposium that will be held on December 3rd. Veterans who are willing to participate in the event are asked to call 843.216.5034 or email CLee@PatriotsPoint.org.
- Volvo promises to invest $1B in South Carolina by 2030 (Live 5 News).
- BoomTown to move offices to bigger space on Charleston peninsula (Post & Courier).
- US forecast calls for lower heating bills this winter (Live 5 News).
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
By Jeff Walker, Entertainment Writer We at Holy City Sinner thank you for your patronage and hope 2021 is an...
Gaillard Center Announces An Evening with Antoni
BCLS announces 2D Animation Workshop and Video Instruction Partnership
PCC Honoring National HIV Testing Day with Extended Hours, Gifts
BCLS Hosts a Variety of Children’s Virtual Programs for Summer 2021
Fetter Health Care Network extends COVID-19 vaccine clinics into July
High Tide Music Festival Coming to Riverfront Park this September
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized4 weeks ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Events23 hours ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview4 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks