- Capitol Gains Investigation: Candidates enrich themselves with campaign cash, gifts, travel (Post & Courier).
- After close call with tornado, Johns Island neighborhood throws block party (Live 5 News).
- Clean-up continues for Johns Islanders after Friday’s tornado (ABC News 4).
- County crews expect 4 weeks of cleanup (Post & Courier).
- Charleston photographer in Trump feud over empty chair shot (Post & Courier).
- Same judge to hear cases of church shooting suspect, friend (ABC News 4).
- CofC public safety steps up patrols after two separate attacks on students (Live 5 News).
- Report: Victim tells attacker ‘You’re better than that’ (ABC News 4).
- Watch the “Parks Unknown – Charleston” Trailer (HCS).
- Inaugural “Brain Squasher” Zombie Pub Crawl Set for 10/17 (HCS).
- ‘The Rhum Chef’ Paul Yellin Brings Rum Bar to Charleston (Eater Charleston).
- Charity cook-off helps support families fighting pediatric cancer (Charleston City Paper).
- New Belgium’s Clips Beer & Film Tour Returns to Charleston (HCS).
- Best Of Mount Pleasant 2016 Ballot (Mount Pleasant Magazine).
- South Carolina Food Fest in Charleston (London Unattached).
- Delish! Bakery & Bistro Moving to Former Andolini’s Space (Eater Charleston).
- The Lot Goes Cuban For Dinner on the Deck (HCS).
- Ford Fry considers Charleston expansion (Post & Courier).
- Could a Cat Cafe Pounce Into Charleston? (Eater Charleston).
- Closed for Business to Spend the Weekend Celebrating Oktoberfest (HCS).
- Sniffing out the best Vietnamese soup (Post & Courier).
- ‘Gargantuan’ Pork Shanks at The Westendorff; Wings ‘Worthy of a Fan Club’ at Smoke (Eater Charleston).
- ESPN’s College Gameday is coming to Clemson (Greenville Online).
- “So You Thought You Could Spell” Spelling Bee Part Three (HCS).
- Southern Charm Filming In Aiken (FITS News).
- North Charleston Harvest Festival & Block Party Set for October 17 (The Digitel).
- Celebrate the 22nd Race for the Cure at the ‘Tie One On’ Party (HCS).
- Panthers’ Newton crashes Halloween party for cancer-stricken boy, 10 (FOX Sports).
- Swim Around Charleston organizer hopes weather will cooperate for 12-mile, open-water swim (Post & Courier).
- Bark in the Park! Oktoberfest Scheduled for 10/19 (HCS).
- Behind the Seams: The Underdog Brett Gardner (MLB).
- Komen Lowcountry Invites You to Swing For The Cure This Weekend (HCS).
- Rhiannon Giddens on new solo path, future of Carolina Chocolate Drops & using her voice for change (Post & Courier).
- Talk Nerdy To Me (Yelp Charleston).
- Charleston Southern’s Mike Holloway earns Big South honor for performance against The Citadel (Post & Courier).
- Register to vote in Charleston-area elections by Sat. Oct. 3 (Charleston City Paper).
- County Council weighs incentives for 3 secret projects (Post & Courier).
- Refugee Crisis in Syria Raises Fears in South Carolina (New York Times).
- Powerful SC Lawmaker Staring Down Personal Scandal (FITS News).
- Mayor Joe Riley stops by the News 2 studios (News 2).
- South Carolina abortion clinics meet deadline to prevent closure (Post & Courier).
- The ice cream man, postal carriers, and paperboys can be fined under city’s panhandling law (Charleston City Paper).
- Developer wants OK to nearly double height limit in Mount Pleasant (Post & Courier).
- Plan for old Charleston bridge pier being announced (ABC News 4).
- SCDOT delays Main Rd. drainage work (Live 5 News).
- Corps, Court take up contentious SC cruise terminal (ABC News 4).
- Campus Candlelight Vigil to Honor Victims of Emanuel AME Church Shootings (CofC).
- Charleston police looking for 3 women who robbed Victoria’s Secret downtown (ABC News 4).
- Hunters discover human remains in Awendaw (ABC News 4).
- Investigators arrest N. Charleston man for deadly Moncks Corner home invasion (Live 5 News).
- Old bridge pier to be painted traditional Charleston colors (ABC News 4).
- Volvo to build S60 exclusively in Berkeley County (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Garco renovation lighting up in North Charleston (Post & Courier).
- Boeing opens research, technology center (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Coyote sightings on the rise in Brickyard Plantation (ABC News 4).
- Quintin’s Close-ups: Andy Paras (HCS).
- One person killed during Berkeley County home invasion (ABC News 4).
- James Island man accused of sexually assaulting teen facing more charges (Live 5 News).
- Man charged with raping drunk teen, providing alcohol and cocaine (ABC News 4).
- Report: SC 7th-Worst State for Teachers (News 2).
- State OKs rate increase to cover SCE&G’s financing costs for new reactors (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Suspended license lifted at Greenville abortion clinic (Live 5 News).
- Two charged in fatal shooting at Haven Oaks (ABC News 4).
- Orangeburg Co. men sought for failing to register as sex offenders (Live 5 News).
- Coast Guard, Lowcountry agencies to conduct mass rescue exercise Wednesday (Post & Courier).
- 15 arrests made in connection with Springdale prostitution bust (Live 5 News).
- Owner of estate sale company facing multiple lawsuits after clients claim they were never paid (Live 5 News).
Booze54 mins ago
Global Women’s Bartending Competition that Raises Money for Breast Cancer Awareness Coming to Charleston Wine + Food
Speed Rack, the global, all-womxn+ bartending competition that raises money for the fight against breast cancer, is making its Holy...
Events2 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
Events3 days ago
Charleston County and SC Works Trident to Hold Virtual Job and Resource Fair
Events3 days ago
Run Wild at Caw Caw’s Where the Wild Things Run 5K
Charity3 days ago
Two Local Restaurants Partner on Oyster Roast to Benefit Friends of Joseph Floyd Manor
Events3 days ago
Southern Roots Smokeshow Block Party Scheduled for January 29th in Park Circle
Events3 days ago
MLS Returns to Charleston with the Carolina Challenge Cup