During the event, Vietnam War veterans who served as Green Berets in the Army’s Special Forces unit will discuss how the United States came to rely on the Montagnards to help fight the North Vietnamese Army and the Viet Cong. The panel will also include Montagnards who fought in the war.
The symposium will begin at 7 pm inside the Smokey Stover Theater aboard the USS Yorktown. Both admission and parking are FREE.
Click here for more information.
Here’s some quick info about the Montagnards (provided by Patriots Point):
- An estimated 61,000 Montagnards served in the Vietnam War
- The Montagnards were trained in unconventional warfare to defend against the North Vietnamese Army and Viet Cong
- 1/3 of the Montagnards that fought served beside Americans in mobile strike forces
- Since the war, the Montagnards have been given refugee status here in the United States
- Some have settled in N.C. near the Fort Bragg Army Base, however, many were never given a means to get here.
- Those left behind have been subject to imprisonment and various forms of oppression
Alabama’s 50th Anniversary Tour Coming to the North Charleston Coliseum
Multi-platinum selling country rock group Alabama announced they will be bringing their “50th Anniversary Tour” to the North Charleston Coliseum...
Gaillard Center Announces L.O.L. Surprise! Live
Mitchell Hill Celebrates Photography By Tyler Hill with the Opening of “More Together Than Alone”
Charleston Beer Week Set to Return in October
“Whose Line Is It Anyway?” Stars to Perform at the Music Hall
Party at the Point Returns Next Month
Johns Island County Park Concert Series to Features Motown Tunes from The Legacy
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Events4 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview3 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Food1 week ago
Smoky Oak Taproom Closing After 13 Years on James Island
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks