This weekend, the City of Charleston is inviting you to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge. The two-day celebration will feature plenty of family-friendly activities on the lawn in front of the USS Yorktown at Patriots Point.
The event will be held during the following times:
- Saturday, July 18th: 2 pm – 7 pm
- Sunday, July 19th: 12 pm – 5 pm
Each day will include the following:
- Food and adult beverages will be available for purchase
- Children’s Activities and giveaways:
- Hard hats by Superior Transportation (while supplies last)
- Interactive painting
- Piano instruction
- Story Time with Usborne Books
- Lawn games
- Live music (schedule below)
- LEGO Certified Professionals will build a 25-foot model of the Ravenel Bridge made out of LEGO bricks
- Discounted tours of the Yorktown
- Free parking with pass found in any of this week’s Post and Courier editions
- Food drive for the Lowcountry Food Bank (click here for more information).
Here is the music schedule:
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Tidal Jive
- 3:45 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. The Green Thieves
- 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Dallas Baker and Friends
- 12 p.m. -1:30 p.m. Muddy Kings
- 1:45-3:15 SouthRail Bluegrass Band
- 3:30-5 Brady Smith Band
Visit the official event webpage for more information.
In the meantime, watch the LEGO version of the Bridge being built below. You can purchase your own set here.
Charleston Animal Society’s “Vax-a-palooza” Aims to Set First World Record
Charleston Animal Society (CAS) says they are aiming to set the first world record for most pet vaccine pledges in...