On Saturday, July 18th, the Mixson Farmers Market will host Honey Do, a summertime fundraiser. Proceeds will benefit the Bee Cause, an organization dedicated to putting observational hives in schools.
Representatives from the Bee Cause will on hand to talk with attendees, demonstrate a honey harvest extraction, and more.
Jars of honey from the extraction can be taken home with a $15 donation to the organization.
Honey Do will also include:
- The Heidrun Meadery will be selling their varietal meads made via the traditional French Méthode Champenoise:
- Oregon Radish Blossom
- California Orange Blossom
- Madras Carrot Blossom
- Hawaiian Macadamia Nut
- A pop-up shop from the Savannah Bee Company
- Beauty products made from beeswax, royal jelly, propolis, and honey
- Educational tasting components
- Lily Peterson of FLOWERSHOP at Mixson will be putting together special bee-friendly bouquets
- Honey Basil Margaritas featuring Cannonborough Beverage Co.’s fresh sodas and ice cream will be made using fresh honey
For more information, click here.
Charleston Sports Pub to Host Meet & Greet with Boxer Roy Jones, Jr.
On Saturday, September 10th, the Charleston Sports Pub’s West Ashley location will host a meet and greet with boxing legend...