- Anonymous donors give $3M for Clementa Pinckney scholarship fund (Post & Courier).
- Charleston police plan charges after flag burning (Post & Courier).
- SC lawmakers: Flag should be down by end of next week (The Island Packet).
- Authorities have identified a juvenile as a suspect in the Morris Brown AME bomb threats (Charleston City Paper).
- Barricaded man at home in North Charleston now in custody, police say (News 2).
- CCSD names Postlewait as superintendent, Mayor calls decision disappointing (ABC News 4).
- NAACP: Hiring of CCSD superintendent a ‘racist move’ (Live 5 News).
- 4th of July Events in Charleston (HCS).
- Fireworks Safety (Charleston Gov).
- GoFundMe page for sister of accused Emanuel AME shooter taken down (ABC News 4).
- Daniel Island foundation announces $121,000 donation to Mother Emanuel Fund (ABC News 4).
- Anonymous donors create $3M scholarship in Clementa Pinckney’s name (ABC News 4).
- Palmetto Moon pledges donation to Emanuel AME from Charleston Strong t-shirts (Fox Carolina).
- Cam Newton on Charleston visit: ‘I would have had to question myself if I didn’t go’ (AL.com).
MT. ZION CHURCH FIRE
- SLED: Cause of fire at Mt. Zion AME church ‘natural’ in nature (Live 5 News).
- Lightning strike the likely cause (Post & Courier).
- Atlanta based hip-hop artist pledges to rebuild Mt. Zion AME and other churches (Live 5 News).
- Church fires common, but usually not the result of arson (Live 5 News).
- Park Circle’s Junction Kitchen just made Spruill Avenue tastier (Charleston City Paper).
- The Hottest Restaurants in Charleston Right Now (Eater Charleston).
- What’s The Best Food Truck In South Carolina? (Scoutology).
- Leftovers: Tidbits from the Food & Bev Community (HCS).
- Stereo 8 Brings on Vanessa Middleton to Lead the Kitchen (Eater Charleston).
- Summer Activities in the Holy City (Charleston City Paper).
- Folk rockers Delta Rae defend their work and major-label contract (Charleston City Paper).
- Charleston Battery ready for showdown with Rochester Rhinos (Post & Courier).
- July Fishing Report (Folly Beach).
- How to celebrate the Fourth in all corners of the Lowcountry (Post & Courier).
- Celebrate the Hipstory Of Yelp on July 11th (HCS).
- Alison Brynn Ross makes wire taxidermy animals (Charleston City Paper).
- Home Team BBQ and Gaslight Street Celebrate CD Pre-Release with July 4th Concert (HCS).
- The Charleston scene was bursting with Mother Emanuel Fundraisers (Charleston City Paper).
- GLAAD Posts “State of Change – South Carolina” Mini Doc Online (HCS).
- Future County Park on the Ashley River (Survey Monkey).
- Deebo Samuel primed to help take target off Pharoh Cooper’s back (Post & Courier).
- Tigers count on D.J. Reader to fill Jarrett-sized gap (Post & Courier).
- Kiawah’s Charles Frost qualifies for PGA Championship (Post & Courier).
- Activists pushing for more gun background checks after Emanuel shooting (Charleston City Paper).
- Haley vetoes nearly 90 items in 2016 budget (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- S.C. Sen. Lee Bright to give Confederate flag bumper stickers to campaign contributors (Charleston City Paper).
- SLED investigating perceived threats against lawmakers over Confederate flag (Post & Courier).
- Now that the cameras are gone, will blacks and whites remain unified? (Charleston City Paper).
- The best way is to follow the dignified example set by the families (Charleston City Paper).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Rodney Williams & Kathleen Wilson (HCS).
- S.C. Chamber of Commerce says removing Confederate Flag ‘good for business’ (ABC News 4).
- Episcopalians OK allowing gay marriage in churches (Live 5 News).
- Will Moredock releases collection of City Paper columns (Charleston City Paper).
- Stegelin: One week in three flags (Charleston City Paper).
- To the millennial victors go the spoils (Post & Courier).
- Press conference stalls for Justice League founder, but complaint against cities will advance (ABC News 4).
- Fired professors sue Charleston law school (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Beach Co. appeals Jasper rejection (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Beach-goers React to Shark Bite on Isle of Palms (News 2).
- We Heart Body Art (Yelp Charleston).
- Citadel board extends Rosa’s contract (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Sandbars, tides a risky mix for Lowcountry holiday beachgoers (Post & Courier).
- Summerville man arrested on child pornography charges (ABC News 4).
- Mount Pleasant Waterworks raising its basic charge by $4 (Post & Courier).
- Savage Road shut down, driver seriously injured after car hits tree (ABC News 4).
- Scam Alert: Caller claims to be from sheriff’s office (News 2).
- Confederate re-enactors acknowledge flag is likely to come down (Post & Courier).
- Blotter: Mad Max’s fury, keyed (Charleston City Paper).
- Arrest made in Pee Dee heavy equipment thefts (ABC News 4).
Events19 mins ago
The Riviera Announces Upcoming Shows with The Revivalists and Paris Jackson
The Riviera, Charleston’s 1930s Art Deco theater, announced The Revivalists will bring their Fall Tour with Paris Jackson to the...
Events4 hours ago
Firefly Distillery Announces Fall Food Truck Festival to be Held in September
Events7 hours ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
Events17 hours ago
Kevin Smith to Bring “Clerks III” to Charleston for Screening and Q&A
Events17 hours ago
Jump, Little Children & Friends Announce Farewell Tour Ending at the Charleston Music Hall
Events23 hours ago
Bingo and Brews Event to Raise Money for Respite Care Charleston
Events1 day ago
Brookgreen Gardens to Host Queen Tribute Concert