- Anonymous donors give $3M for Clementa Pinckney scholarship fund (Post & Courier).
- Charleston police plan charges after flag burning (Post & Courier).
- SC lawmakers: Flag should be down by end of next week (The Island Packet).
- Authorities have identified a juvenile as a suspect in the Morris Brown AME bomb threats (Charleston City Paper).
- Barricaded man at home in North Charleston now in custody, police say (News 2).
- CCSD names Postlewait as superintendent, Mayor calls decision disappointing (ABC News 4).
- NAACP: Hiring of CCSD superintendent a ‘racist move’ (Live 5 News).
- 4th of July Events in Charleston (HCS).
- Fireworks Safety (Charleston Gov).
- GoFundMe page for sister of accused Emanuel AME shooter taken down (ABC News 4).
- Daniel Island foundation announces $121,000 donation to Mother Emanuel Fund (ABC News 4).
- Anonymous donors create $3M scholarship in Clementa Pinckney’s name (ABC News 4).
- Palmetto Moon pledges donation to Emanuel AME from Charleston Strong t-shirts (Fox Carolina).
- Cam Newton on Charleston visit: ‘I would have had to question myself if I didn’t go’ (AL.com).
MT. ZION CHURCH FIRE
- SLED: Cause of fire at Mt. Zion AME church ‘natural’ in nature (Live 5 News).
- Lightning strike the likely cause (Post & Courier).
- Atlanta based hip-hop artist pledges to rebuild Mt. Zion AME and other churches (Live 5 News).
- Church fires common, but usually not the result of arson (Live 5 News).
- Park Circle’s Junction Kitchen just made Spruill Avenue tastier (Charleston City Paper).
- The Hottest Restaurants in Charleston Right Now (Eater Charleston).
- What’s The Best Food Truck In South Carolina? (Scoutology).
- Leftovers: Tidbits from the Food & Bev Community (HCS).
- Stereo 8 Brings on Vanessa Middleton to Lead the Kitchen (Eater Charleston).
- Summer Activities in the Holy City (Charleston City Paper).
- Folk rockers Delta Rae defend their work and major-label contract (Charleston City Paper).
- Charleston Battery ready for showdown with Rochester Rhinos (Post & Courier).
- July Fishing Report (Folly Beach).
- How to celebrate the Fourth in all corners of the Lowcountry (Post & Courier).
- Celebrate the Hipstory Of Yelp on July 11th (HCS).
- Alison Brynn Ross makes wire taxidermy animals (Charleston City Paper).
- Home Team BBQ and Gaslight Street Celebrate CD Pre-Release with July 4th Concert (HCS).
- The Charleston scene was bursting with Mother Emanuel Fundraisers (Charleston City Paper).
- GLAAD Posts “State of Change – South Carolina” Mini Doc Online (HCS).
- Future County Park on the Ashley River (Survey Monkey).
- Deebo Samuel primed to help take target off Pharoh Cooper’s back (Post & Courier).
- Tigers count on D.J. Reader to fill Jarrett-sized gap (Post & Courier).
- Kiawah’s Charles Frost qualifies for PGA Championship (Post & Courier).
- Activists pushing for more gun background checks after Emanuel shooting (Charleston City Paper).
- Haley vetoes nearly 90 items in 2016 budget (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- S.C. Sen. Lee Bright to give Confederate flag bumper stickers to campaign contributors (Charleston City Paper).
- SLED investigating perceived threats against lawmakers over Confederate flag (Post & Courier).
- Now that the cameras are gone, will blacks and whites remain unified? (Charleston City Paper).
- The best way is to follow the dignified example set by the families (Charleston City Paper).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Rodney Williams & Kathleen Wilson (HCS).
- S.C. Chamber of Commerce says removing Confederate Flag ‘good for business’ (ABC News 4).
- Episcopalians OK allowing gay marriage in churches (Live 5 News).
- Will Moredock releases collection of City Paper columns (Charleston City Paper).
- Stegelin: One week in three flags (Charleston City Paper).
- To the millennial victors go the spoils (Post & Courier).
- Press conference stalls for Justice League founder, but complaint against cities will advance (ABC News 4).
- Fired professors sue Charleston law school (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Beach Co. appeals Jasper rejection (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Beach-goers React to Shark Bite on Isle of Palms (News 2).
- We Heart Body Art (Yelp Charleston).
- Citadel board extends Rosa’s contract (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Sandbars, tides a risky mix for Lowcountry holiday beachgoers (Post & Courier).
- Summerville man arrested on child pornography charges (ABC News 4).
- Mount Pleasant Waterworks raising its basic charge by $4 (Post & Courier).
- Savage Road shut down, driver seriously injured after car hits tree (ABC News 4).
- Scam Alert: Caller claims to be from sheriff’s office (News 2).
- Confederate re-enactors acknowledge flag is likely to come down (Post & Courier).
- Blotter: Mad Max’s fury, keyed (Charleston City Paper).
- Arrest made in Pee Dee heavy equipment thefts (ABC News 4).
Events3 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
Events3 days ago
UPDATE: 3rd Annual Recovery Jam Postponed to December 3rd
Events4 days ago
UPDATE: Holy City Arts & Lyric Opera’s Performance with Elaine Alvarez Canceled
Events4 days ago
BCLS Hosting Halloween Crafts and Teens Candy Caper Mystery
Events5 days ago
Cooper River Bridge Run Kids Run & Family Festival Rescheduled Due to Impending Weather
Events5 days ago
Frannie & The Fox Announces New Italian Sensibilities Dinner Series