Daniel Island’s The Islander will celebrate its first anniversary on July 2nd at 5 pm. The event will include complimentary food offerings, a pig pickin’ on the patio, hors d’oeuvres, a kid’s food station, a dessert station, live music, drink specials, games, contests, and raffles.
You can RSVP today to be entered to win a grand prize by emailing to PartyRSVP@TheIslanderDI.com
- An employee at Básico lost two members of his family in the tragic shooting at Mother Emanuel AME Church. To honor his loved ones and all those lost, the Mixson community will raise money and make a substantial donation on his behalf to A Community United Fund, which will disperse the money equally among the victims’ families.
Básico and Mixson Market have begun accepting cash donations and will do so through July 5.
On Thursday, July 2nd, Mixson Bath & Racquet Club and Básico will donate 50% of the day’s sales.
Plus, the Jamestown Charitable Foundation has agreed to match up to $10,000 raised by the Mixson community.
- On Saturday, July 11th, at 10 am, Mellow Mushroom Avondale will host a throwback matinee movie screening of the 1986 Jim Henson classic, Labyrinth.
Kids can enjoy a pizza slice or a pretzel, with apple slices, and a drink for $5. Adults can enjoy $2 mimosas and anything off the regular menu.
- SnoBar: “The Original Frozen Cocktail” is now available at select local restaurants, bars, and shops. Each of SnoBar’s ice pops (Margarita, Mojito, and Cosmopolitan) and ice creams Grasshopper, Brandy Alexander Chocolate Chip, and Pink Squirrel) contains a full serving of alcohol.
SnoBar is currently available at The Windjammer, The Shelter Kitchen + Bar, Chico Feo, Music Farm, The Rusty Rudder, Mynt, Pryia Lounge, Boone’s Bar, Molly Darcy’s, Market Street Saloon, Queology, Tabbuli Grill, Warehouse, Harris Teeter, and Whole Foods.
- Last week, Chef Vinson Petrillo of Zero Cafe + Bar traveled to Milan, Italy to compete against 19 other chefs for the title of S.Pelliegrino Young Chef 2015. Vinson’s journey started back in February, when he won the regional title of S.Pelliegrino Young Chef 2015 in New York.
He didn’t win the competition, but posted plenty of fun photos from the trip.
On July 1st, Chef Greg Garrison will take over as executive chef at Prohibition. Garrison joins the team from L’Espalier, a renowned French fine dining favorite in Boston.
- The Charleston Marathon announced today that Harris Teeter will continue as presenting sponsor for the 6th Annual Charleston Marathon. This fundraising event will be held January 15-19, 2016 in Charleston and North Charleston.
Lowcountry Food Bank Announces its 23rd Annual Chefs’ Feast to Fight Childhood Hunger
Lowcountry Food Bank (LCFB) today announced that its 24rd annual Chefs’ Feast gala will be held on Sunday, February 26th,...