- Pinckney’s funeral will be open to public (Post & Courier).
- Historic Charleston church holds Bible study in room where 9 members killed last week (Live 5 News).
- Citadel votes to remove Confederate Naval Jack from campus chapel (Live 5 News).
- Extreme heat for a little longer (ABC News 4).
EMANUEL AME CHURCH
- Mourners attend visitation for church shooting victim Ethel Lance (Live 5 News).
- How To Help Charleston: A Comprehensive List (Andra Watkins).
- College of Charleston renames scholarship for Cynthia Hurd (News 2).
- Video from Awaken Church shows Sunday’s United Prayer & Worship Gathering (Facebook).
- Pastor walks line between leading, comforting Emanuel AME (News 2).
- Thompson Family: “She gave her life for understanding in all of us” (ABC News 4).
- Officers show emotion in arrest video (News 2).
- Charleston Southern sets up fund for Chris Singleton (Post & Courier).
- “Black Cloth,” a poem (Charleston City Paper).
- Protesters attempt to disturb memorial at Mother Emanuel (News 2).
- City ordinances: Protesters must stay 300 ft. from funerals (ABC News 4).
- MUSC housekeeping crew volunteered to clean up at Emanuel AME (Charleston City Paper).
- Paul McCartney dedicates song at US concert to Charleston church victims (Sydney Morning Herald).
- Pour House benefit raised over $30,000 for the Mother Emanuel Hope Fund (Charleston City Paper).
- Irate SC Confederate flag seller not fond of attention (Live 5 News).
- FBI: Terrorism charges not ruled out in Charleston shooting (MSNBC).
- Charleston police ‘looking into’ video of Charleston officer apparently telling children ‘Don’t go to church and get hurt’ (Post & Courier).
- Attorney: New chief magistrate appointed after Gosnell voluntarily stepped down (ABC News 4).
- We take a tour through Charleston’s English and Irish pubs and find more than just fish and chips (Charleston City Paper).
- Upcoming Vegan Eatery Gnome Cafe Launches Website (Eater Charleston).
- Leftovers: Tidbits from the Food & Bev Community (HCS).
- Anson Restaurant Pushes Opening Date to Mid-August (Eater Charleston).
- Hipstory Of Yelp (Yelp Charleston).
- 12 Essential Hot Dog Spots in Charleston (Eater Charleston).
- My FAVORITE Downtown CHARLESTON HOMES (Bloom Charleston).
- The Alley Hosts a Benefit for Mother Emanuel Families This Weekend (HCS).
- Warehouse Celebrates Anniversary with Summer Shindig this Sunday (HCS).
- Recent Concert Announcements (HCS)
- Charleston Mayor receives U.S. Conference of Mayors’ top honor (Post & Courier).
- City passes unconstitutional ordinance in effort to thwart Mother Emanuel protesters (Charleston City Paper).
- College of Charleston board issues resolution supporting the removal of the Confederate flag (Post & Courier).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Andre Bauer (HCS).
- Legislature passes budget giving counties $216M for roads (ABC News 4).
- Four former SC governors applaud Haley’s stance on Confederate flag (ABC News 4).
- Fundraiser planned for injured deputy (ABC News 4).
- Historic squadron at Joint Base Charleston to be inactivated (Live 5 News).
- Driver and passenger attempts to switch seats while driving; driver strikes trailer on Hwy 52 (WCBD).
- Charleston County to Observe June 21-27 as National Mosquito Awareness Week (Mosquito.org).
- Pedestrian dead following accident in Williamsburg County (WCBD).
Events1 day ago
BCLS and American Red Cross Collaborate to Bring Free Emergency Preparedness Training To Students
Charity2 days ago
Second Annual Car Show in Summerville Benefits Families Living with Alzheimer’s and Related Dementia
Charity2 days ago
Lowcountry Food Bank Announces its 23rd Annual Chefs’ Feast to Fight Childhood Hunger
Events2 days ago
BCLS Hosting “Black Business Extravaganza” at Moncks Corner Library
Events3 days ago
Trident United Way and SC Thrive Offer Free Tax Assistance in the Tri-County
Events3 days ago
HALO Presents “Choose Your Own Operadventure” on Valentine’s Day