- SC House, Senate vote to discuss Confederate flag’s removal (ABC News 4).
- Funeral plans for 9 people killed in Emanuel AME Church shootings (ABC News 4).
- House Speaker John Boehner announced that he will lead a bipartisan congressional delegation to the Emanuel AME Church (ABC News 4).
- John C. Calhoun statue vandalized in downtown Charleston (Live 5 News).
- Charleston adopts ordinance forcing protesters to keep 300 feet away from funerals (ABC News 4).
- Charleston area sets record high temperature as heat wave persists (Post & Courier).
EMANUEL AME CHURCH
- Funeral Arrangements Set For Singleton, victim of Church Shooting (News 2).
- Restaurant community plans major fundraiser for victims’ families (Post & Courier).
- New Scam Warning Related To Charleston Tragedy (News 2).
- Panthers QB Newton meets with families of church shooting victims (Live 5 News).
- Family of Myra Thompson: “She gave her life for understanding in all of us” (ABC News 4).
- We owe it to the Emanuel Nine to take action against racism (Charleston City Paper).
- Cynthia Hurd’s Family Establishes Fund To Continue Her Work (HCS).
- Mt. Pleasant girl honors Emanuel AME shooting victims through art (ABC News 4).
- ‘You don’t hear weeping’ in house of Emanuel victims’ family (Charleston City Paper).
- Police release video of Dylann Roof’s arrest (News 2).
- Attorney: Magistrate’s sympathy for accused killer’s family was compassion (Post & Courier).
- Charleston state Sen. Paul Thurmond, whose father ran as a Dixiecrat, will vote to remove the Confederate flag (Charleston City Paper).
- Mt. Pleasant, Lowcountry leaders rally behind removal of Confederate Flag (ABC News 4).
- Community leaders react to Confederate flag emblem on town welcome signs (Live 5 News).
- History of the Confederate flag on Statehouse grounds (ABC News 4).
- More people are searching Google about the Confederate flag now than in the past decade (Charleston City Paper).
- Major retailers will stop selling Confederate flag merchandise (ABC News 4).
- Arguments for the flag (ABC News 4).
- Various online petitions call to remove, keep or burn Confederate flag (ABC News 4).
- Craft beer is booming in Charleston — but how big can it get? (Charleston City Paper).
- Proceeds from “Charleston Love” Cupcake will go to Mother Emanuel Hope Fund (HCS).
- Six tips for enjoying John Lewis’ Summer BBQ Series (Post & Courier).
- Review of Lewis Barbecue at Revelry Brewing (Destination BBQ).
- Will Sean Brock Open a Burger Shack in Charleston? (Eater Charleston).
- ACF dedicates proceeds from pork contest to Hope Fund (Post & Courier).
- New Restaurant Offering Free Wings on June 27th (HCS).
- Imbibe Magazine’s Drink of the Week is Tippleman’s Honey Ginger Syrup (Imbibe).
- Lawsuit claims Charleston Bagel Co. stole tips from employees (Post & Courier).
- South Carolina AD Ray Tanner calls for removal of Confederate flag (Post & Courier).
- YALLFest 2015 Announces Lineup of 60 Authors (Charleston City Paper).
- Pour House to live stream sold-out benefit concert for Emanuel AME (Post & Courier).
- Society 1858 Announces Short List of Finalists for the 1858 Prize for Contemporary Southern Art, Six artists vie for $10,000 prize (Lowcountry Biz SC).
- College of Charleston’s Matt Heath: ‘It’s time I became a head coach’ (Post & Courier).
- Summerville High searching for new leadership in athletics (Post & Courier).
- NASCAR, Darlington Raceway parent company back removal of Confederate flag (Post & Courier).
- SC representatives pushing for hate crime legislation (Live 5 News).
- Charleston County Encourages Citizens to Sign up for Alert Notification System (Charleston County).
- General Assembly passes state budget (Post & Courier)
- We Created The Mass Shooter (Huffington Post).
- Berkeley County Council adopts resolution urging removal of Confederate flag (Live 5 News).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Rep. Mary Tinkler (HCS).
- North Charleston group presents its reforms to Keith Summey, city (Post & Courier).
- Officials: Summerville man wanted after deputies find meth lab on his moped (Post & Courier).
- Sweep in Berkeley County leads to arrests, drug seizures (Post & Courier).
- Lowcountry AIDS Services Participates in National HIV Testing Week USA (The Digitel).
- Caitlyn the Dog Helps Another Victim of Violence Recover (People Pets).
- Boeing Co.’s McNerney stepping down as CEO, Muilenberg to take job July 1 (Post & Courier).
Events1 hour ago
Wild Blue Ropes Adventure Park Offering After School Adventures
Wild Blue Ropes Adventure Park today announced that enrollment is open for three 2022 sessions of the afternoon Challengers program...
Events6 hours ago
Local Youth Organization Geared Toward Entrepreneurship to Host Fashion Show
Art19 hours ago
Park Circle Gallery to Exhibit Works by Morgan Serreno East and Marie Carladous
Art23 hours ago
Gibbes Museum of Art Announces Inaugural Week-long Visual Arts Festival
Events1 day ago
“Always…Patsy Cline” Comes to the Charleston Music Hall on May 5th
Events1 day ago
Charleston Jazz Orchestra Returns to Firefly Distillery
Events1 day ago
Legendary Singer-Songwriter Bob Dylan Coming to the North Charleston PAC in March