- Gov. Nikki Haley calls for removal of Confederate flag from State House grounds (Live 5 News).
- Official: President Obama to deliver eulogy at Pinckney’s funeral Friday (Post & Courier).
- Charleston teen reported missing (ABC News 4).
- Social media reacts to Haley calling for Confederate Flag removal (ABC News 4).
- Petition to Remove Confederate Flag (MoveOn).
- Rally in Columbia calls for removal of Confederate battle flag (Post & Courier).
- Live: We’re asking every member of the SC legislature about the confederate flag (Post & Courier).
- Mayor Riley on Confederate Flag: ‘Take away Roof’s misguided ideas of superiority’ (ABC News 4).
- Stavrinakis calls for removal of Confederate flag from Statehouse grounds (Charleston City Paper).
- Inside the battle over the Confederate flag (CNN).
- History of the Confederate flag on Statehouse grounds (ABC News 4).
- S.C. Sons of Confederate Veterans on Mother Emanuel shooting (Charleston City Paper).
- Panthers join the chorus calling for removing the Confederate flag (Pro Football Talk)
- The ‘Southern Avenger’ Repents: I Was Wrong About the Confederate Flag (The Daily Beast).
- Confederate flag controversy dominates Sunday talk shows, North Charleston officials to call for its removal (Post & Courier).
- Cortaditos bringing Cuban sandwiches to Charleston (Post & Courier).
- Charleston Brown Water Society Barbecue; EVO Parties with Limehouse Produce (Eater Charleston).
- Iconic Pork Slap Sandwich Gets a Facelift at Closed For Business (Eater Charleston).
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams Reopens All Scoop Shops, Hopefully for Good (Eater Charleston).
- Lee Lee’s Mash-Up Dinner With Spero; Pitmaster Taylor Garrigan Wins ‘Chopped’; Free Beer for Dad (Eater Charleston).
- Researcher outlines seismic shift in restaurant industry (Post & Courier).
- Tigers support Monte Lee, say ‘future is bright’ at Clemson (Post & Courier).
- Lee spells out initiatives (Post & Courier).
- Stephen Colbert’s Digital Nation (New York Times).
- UPDATED: Local musicians rally with benefit shows for the Mother Emanuel Hope Fund (Charleston City Paper).
- ‘Southern Charm’ Cast Talks Charleston Shooting Tragedy; Kathryn And Thomas Move In Together? (Yibada).
- Taking flight on the Yorktown and hearing some dog-gone good Southern Charm gossip (Charleston City Paper).
- Star Wars’ Jake Lloyd Arrested After High Speed Car Chase in Charleston (TMZ).
- Midnight City’s Brian Jarvis and Taylor Huckaby are now taking pre-orders for their debut EP (iTunes).
- Organizers tone down Carolina Day anniversary (Post & Courier).
- Hey now, Charlotte’s an (NBA) all-star (Charlotte Business Journal).
- Two-day festival, Holy City Hope, in the works for August to benefit the Mother Emanuel Hope Fund (Charleston City Paper).
- Soccer fans unite in support of Charleston shooting victims (Charlotte Observer).
- Wofford mourns death of basketball player Jeremiah Tate (Post & Courier).
- Senate passes Uber bill (Post & Courier).
- Legislature sends Uber bill to Haley for signing (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Uber says drivers and passengers banned from carrying guns (Post & Courier).
- My fellow white people, now is the time to truly examine white privilege (Charleston City Paper).
- Presidential candidates give away cash from Council of Conservative Citizens (Post & Courier).
- Lessons In Moving Forward On Race From A 40-Year Mayor (NPR).
- Hate crime law resisted by state legislators (Post & Courier).
- Confederate memorial statue vandalized (News 2).
- Police responding to standoff in Mount Pleasant (ABC News 4).
- Nominations for Charleston Magazine’s Giving Back Awards are open until June 30th (Charleston Mag).
- Boat on fire in Ashley River, one injured (ABC News 4).
- Man accused of assaulting ex-wife with knife, kidnapping three children (Live 5 News).
- Durham School Services sues Teamsters Union (News 2).
- S.C. State declares financial emergency (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Police: Goose Creek Goodwill fire was arson (ABC News 4).
- Digital Fire Media officially launches business in Charleston (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Startups, talent crop up from Charleston’s growing tech sector (Post & Courier).
Events8 hours ago
International Latin Jazz Artists Will Join the Charleston Jazz Orchestra for “Cuban Carnival” on Sept. 17th
Press Release On September 17th, 2022, the world-class Charleston Jazz Orchestra will share the stage with the Buena Vista Legacy...
Charity16 hours ago
Pale Horse CrossFit to Host “Battling Bad Blood” Fundraiser Benefitting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Charleston
Events17 hours ago
Gaillard Center Announces 2022-2023 Education & Community Program Schedule
Charity18 hours ago
Park & Grove Chef Joins The Establishment for “Give Back Charleston” Fundraiser Benefitting The LENS Foundation
Events18 hours ago
Charleston County to Host “Know your Resident Perks” Events
Art19 hours ago
State Museum to Host SC Watermedia Society’s 45th Annual Juried Exhibition
Events21 hours ago
The ARC of the Lowcountry and Firefly Distillery to Host Inaugural BBQ Sauce Competition