- Domestic violence reform finalized by S.C. House (Post & Courier).
- GCPD: Loud booms heard by residents came from operations at Naval Weapons Station (Live 5 News).
- NCFD: Fire at CSX Bennett Yard now under control (Live 5 News).
- Former owner: We may know who taped dog’s muzzle shut, gives description to Animal Control (ABC News 4).
- Weekend Events, Parties, & Plans: 5/29 – 5/31/15 (HCS).
- Weekend plans with Holy City Sinner (ABC News 4).
- Counter Culture Coffee to open training center in Charleston (Post & Courier).
- A breezy guide to some of the beaches’ shore-fire culinary winners (Charleston City Paper).
- Spero chefs infuse food with fun, experimentation and global favors that delight the palate (Post & Courier).
- Westbrook Beer Dinner at Bohemian Bull: 6/18 (HCS).
- Squid ink tortillas and huitlacoche at Mini Bar (Post & Courier).
- Kathryn Dennis: Pregnancy Rumors Swirl (FITS News).
- Charleston Baseball Hall of Fame Releases 2015 Candidates (Live 5 News).
- North Charleston’s Keith Summey sets the stakes in mayors’ challenge ahead of Stingrays’ Kelly Cup series (Charleston City Paper).
- North Charleston City Gallery to Showcase Works by Four Local Female Artists (North Charleston).
- In search of the weird, the wonderful, and the tasteless on Center Street (Charleston City Paper).
- Bark For Your Brew Returns to The Joe on June 7th (HCS).
- The Charleston Police’s Pipes Band is trying to raise some money for new kilts (Kickstarter).
- Stingrays open up ticket sales for Kelly Cup (Ticketmaster).
- Charleston City Ballet eschews Disney with their version of Beauty and the Beast (Charleston City Paper).
- Tickets on Sale for Patriots Point’s Fourth of July Fireworks Blast (HCS).
- Clarke, Wise Named Louisville Slugger All-Americans (CofC).
- Life’s a beach and then you listen to live music (Charleston City Paper).
- Mount Pleasant clothing designer’s sales get boost from ‘Mad Men’ (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Special Olympics Flame of Hope’s route will close Charleston roads from Johns Island to Mt. Pleasant (ABC News 4).
- Shepard Fairey gives Terrace Theater two works (Charleston City Paper).
- ‘Teen Mom 2’ personality jailed on domestic violence charge in Myrtle Beach (Post & Courier).
- Circus music act This Way to the EGRESS juggle aural and visual spectacles (Charleston City Paper).
- City Paper cartoonist Steve Stegelin talks art and satire at TEDxCharleston (Charleston City Paper).
- Ex-S. Carolina state Sen. Ford sentenced to 5 years probation (ABC News 4).
- Kiawah officials mum on financial probe (Post & Courier).
- Haley welcomes Volvo to SC, hiring to begin in 2017 (Live 5 News).
- Charleston planning director Keane leaving for similar job in Atlanta (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Isle of Palms eyes hike in parking fines (Post & Courier).
- Stegelin: Options for 2016 (Charleston City Paper).
- District: ‘Hasty, incorrect decision’ made; student can wear sweatshirt (ABC News 4).
- MPPD: Man charged after stealing car with dog inside (Live 5 News).
- Train car catches fire in North Charleston (News 2).
- Increase in deadly accidents on South Carolina roads, new report finds (Live 5 News).
- CAS: Dog could lose tongue after muzzle taped shut, reward offered for suspect info (ABC News 4).
- Beach-ready suits that will make your summer sizzle (Charleston City Paper).
- Rare signed Harper Lee novel stolen from book store (ABC News 4).
- Authorities: 14-year-old struck in hit-and-run near Summerville Town Hall (Live 5 News).
- Citizen tip leads to arrest of suspected West Ashley thieves (Live 5 News).
- Today’s police departments look more and more like occupying armies (Charleston City Paper).
- College of Charleston to offer free Math Camp to high school students (Moultrie News).
- Palmetto Cyber Defense Competition awards scholarships to S.C. students (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Police in Dorchester County need help identifying burglary suspects (News 2).
- The Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce unveils Zucker Family Inspiration Room (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Three bodies accidentally exhumed, returned same day (News 2).
- Mating season for alligators makes for interesting video on Facebook (ABC News 4).
- 4 mixed-use projects on Charleston BAR’s agenda (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- MUSC heightens security measures for visitors (ABC News 4).
- Volvo: Workers, infrastructure key in SC plant selection (ABC News 4).
- Blotter: Hot dog party animal (Charleston City Paper).
Events40 mins ago
Charleston County Parks Debuts 5K Trail Race Series
Charleston County Parks today introduced a 5K trail race series that will be held at Caw Caw Interpretive Center, Johns...
Art3 hours ago
Wild Dunes Resort Announces New Artist in Residence at The Gallery at Sweetgrass
Events7 hours ago
Local Youth Organization Geared Toward Entrepreneurship to Host Fashion Show
Art20 hours ago
Park Circle Gallery to Exhibit Works by Morgan Serreno East and Marie Carladous
Art1 day ago
Gibbes Museum of Art Announces Inaugural Week-long Visual Arts Festival
Events1 day ago
“Always…Patsy Cline” Comes to the Charleston Music Hall on May 5th
Events1 day ago
Charleston Jazz Orchestra Returns to Firefly Distillery