- Officials: Deputy-involved shooting stemmed from home invasion; homeowner wounded (ABC News 4).
- Teen indicted for murder in fatal Mt. Pleasant stabbing (Live 5 News).
- Police: Four arrested after protestors disrupt traffic on Ravenel Bridge (Live 5 News).
- Here’s why protesters shut down the Ravenel Bridge Wednesday (Charleston City Paper).
- James Island High School Featured on “Sportscenter” (HCS).
- Man accused of killing Dorchester County woman after date stirs emotions in the courtroom (Post & Courier).
- SC State trustees ouster complete with Gov. Haley’s signature (ABC News 4).
- Stephen Colbert saves the day with a $800,000 grant for South Carolina Public schools (Salon).
- Old Zappo’s to become Pancito & Lefty Mexican restaurant (Charleston City Paper).
- Check Out the Full Menu from Coming Street Newcomer Apartment A (Charleston Eater).
- $10 off tickets to Charleston Beer Garden w/CP promo code (Charleston City Paper).
- Ohm Radio, Local Musicans & Restaurants Hosting Sweet Corn Cook Off (HCS).
- Magnolias: Service staff shines, food disappoints at festive restaurant about to celebrate 25 years (Post & Courier).
- Brook Bristow explains how brewers are uniting under the S.C. Brewers Guild (Charleston City Paper).
- Bad Bitches 60s Dinner Goes on Sale; Robert Moss’ Book Launch Party (Eater Charleston).
- Jack’s Cafe owner honored by CofC faculty and student body (Charleston City Paper).
- Mother’s Day Round-Up (HCS).
- Celebrated Chicago chef moving back to Charleston (Post & Courier).
- Caviar & Bananas Debuts New Gourmet-to-Go Menu (HCS).
- Upstate South Carolina egg truck cracks on its way to the Duke’s factory (Charleston City Paper).
- Westside Deli Turned Over to Cru Cafe’s John Zucker (Eater Charleston).
- Caviar & Bananas to Launch Weekend Brunch Menu on Mother’s Day Weekend (HCS).
- An inside look at the raging hot Elliotborough music scene (Charleston City Paper).
- In wake of bar moratorium, local group partners with Brave Baby to rally young voters (Post & Courier).
- Stingrays fall in triple overtime thriller to Everblades in Game 4 (Live 5 News).
- New Aquarium Exhibit Brings People Fingers to Fins with Sharks (HCS).
- Post and Courier Charm: Reality star Shep Rose gets an insider’s look at the newspaper (Post & Courier).
- Southern Charm Recap S2 E8: Whitney’s awkward one-man intervention (Charleston City Paper).
- Brave Baby Debuts Music Video for “Plastic Skateboard” (HCS).
- Greek Festival, Gibbes Street Party still happening despite stormy weather (Post & Courier).
- One founding member short, the Pixies press on (Charleston City Paper).
- Tigers drop 18th ranked Cougars, 6-3 (News 2).
- Folksinger Ani DiFranco talks race riots, motherhood, and living in the Big Easy (Charleston City Paper).
- Shem Creek Restaurants to Host Mother’s Day Duck Race (HCS).
- April Showers, Bring Mom Flowers (Yelp Charleston).
- The Crabpot Players become a professional theater after 20 years (Charleston City Paper).
- “Pride on the Harbor” Sunset Sail Set for 5/16 (HCS).
- Former Goose Creek, CSU basketball coach takes head job at Ashley Ridge (ABC News 4).
- Stratford High Coach is Assistant Coach Of The Year (Berkeley Observer).
- Mom’s Run hits its stride in 12th year in weekend featuring running, yoga and boxing (Post & Courier).
- Sullivan’s Island voters elect four new council members (ABC News 4).
- State regulators clear proposal for offshore seismic tests (News 2).
- America was founded on violent protests (Charleston City Paper).
- Sen. Tim Scott, Panthers’ Thomas Davis and Greg Olsen team up for financial literacy (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Senate floats using surplus funds for one-time shot for roads (Post & Courier).
- SC Senate budget debate plods along with vote on DOT leader (ABC News 4).
- Charleston school officials propose second tax rate increase to buy new buses (Post & Courier).
- Appellate court affirms Berkeley Co. hospital decision, Trident may appeal (ABC News 4).
- Dorchester tax increase would fund jail, EMS workers (Post & Courier).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Elder Johnson & Pastor Dixon (HCS).
- Gov. Scott Walker hires staffers in SC (Live 5 News).
- Kiawah administrator turns in resignation, may seek elected office (Post & Courier).
- Q&A with Steve Case on Rise of the Rest bus tour (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Bidr wins $100,000 at Rise of the Rest pitch contest (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Report: Mother forced daughter to skip bill, pulled gun on server (Live 5 News).
- Coast Guard rescues two from storm-tossed sailboat in Charleston Harbor (Live 5 News).
- Lowe’s employees volunteer to help build home (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Patients at MUSC Children’s Hospital amazed as superheroes arrive (Live 5 News).
- 264-unit apartment tower planned for Charleston peninsula (Post & Courier).
- WalletHub ranks S.C. 2nd-worst state for working moms (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Charleston School of Law considering not accepting new class of students (Live 5 News).
- Sons join father at Charleston County Sheriff’s Office: “I truly believe in what we do” (ABC News 4).
- Orangeburg County authorities search for Summerville man in connection to robbery (News 2).
- Local Kickstarter alert: In Gratitude Always – Employing Adults with Autism.
- Forecasters post high surf, rip current advisories for SC (ABC News 4).
- Lowcountry law enforcement memorial service takes place in North Charleston (News 2).
- American Airlines to launch Dreamliner service (CNN).
- Update: Owner surrenders injured dog saying she can’t care for serious injuries (ABC News 4).
- Live 5 Investigates: Thousands of allegedly deadly guardrails on local roads (Live 5 News).
- Controlled burn in Francis Marion Forest causing large smoke plumes (News 2).
- Small business workshop May 16 in Goose Creek (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Puppies adopted at Berkeley County SPCA test positive for Parvo (News 2).
- Plaintiffs in hotel suit in Summerville seek to stop demolition (News 2).
- Difficult path to hotel ground-breaking may foreshadow looming Sgt. Jasper battle (Charleston City Paper).
- Blotter: Seven months at sea and my bike reappeared (Charleston City Paper).
- SLED investigating after bank robber shot in hand by deputy (ABC News 4).
- Academic Magnet student Valerie ‘Chris’ Sacha named Presidential Scholar (Post & Courier).
- Dispatch: Officers respond to shots fired call in West Ashley (ABC News 4).
- Duvall Events wins WeddingWire Couples’ Choice Award (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Charleston expected to gain Starwood-affiliated hotel in 2017 (Post & Courier).
- One airlifted to MUSC tonight after sustaining electrical shock in Awendaw (ABC News 4).
- ACBA breaks ground on new campus site (Live 5 News).
- Delta flight makes unscheduled landing in Charleston due to mechanical issue (ABC News 4).
- DHEC lifts swimming advisory on Edisto Beach (News 2).
- Getaway driver in 2013 armed robbery sentenced to serve 13 years in prison (ABC News 4).
- SLED now investigating Walterboro bank robbery (News 2).
Charleston Beer Week Set to Return in October
After the COVID-19 pandemic forced last year’s event to be postponed, the 8th Annual Charleston Beer Week will now be...
Johns Island County Park Concert Series to Features Motown Tunes from The Legacy
Julia Deckman Studio Shares Upcoming Exhibition Schedule
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
Pet Helper’s 17th Annual Fur Ball, “The Wizard of Paws,” to be Held November 6th
“The Celebrity’s Magician” to Perform at Forte Jazz Lounge
Free Car Seat Checkup Event Scheduled for June 12th in North Charleston
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Events3 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview2 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Food1 week ago
Smoky Oak Taproom Closing After 13 Years on James Island
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Resources8 years ago
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks