- Jason Stanhope wins James Beard award for Best Chef Southeast (Post & Courier).
- Police arrest 16-year-old charged in downtown Charleston purse snatching (Live 5 News).
- Hanahan man charged with murder in missing Summerville woman case (ABC News 4).
- Woman, 51, reported missing in North Charleston (Live 5 News).
- #LifttheLowcountry has already raised $3.5 million for nonprofits on Lowcountry Giving Day (ABC News 4).
- Local non profit thankful for Lowcountry Giving Day (Live 5 News).
- Revelry Brewing to Debut Summer BBQ Series with John Lewis (HCS).
- Steven Niketas’ quest to renovate a 125-year-old St. Philip St. hardware store into a new restaurant (Charleston City Paper).
- Charleston Culinary Tours Introduces a Distillery Tour (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Craft beer giant Deschutes considering Charleston for East Coast expansion (Post & Courier).
- Upcoming James Island Restaurant Screen Door Announces Impending Opening (Eater Charleston).
- Deadline passes for Food Truck O’Rama liquor license protests (Live 5 News).
- The Review: Charleston Grill (Charleston Mag).
- More Parking Spots for Saint Alban and Leon’s Oyster Shop (Eater Charleston).
- Edmund’s Oast to Host Benefit Dinner for Lowcountry Street Grocery (HCS).
- Johns Island produce stand, Rosebank Farms, to re-open later this month (Live 5 News).
- Mixson Farmers Market Opens on May 9 (HCS).
- Gibbes Street Party Features Top Restaurants; $5 Rosé at The Macintosh (Eater Charleston).
- Coda del Pesce Offering Mother’s Day Brunch at the Beach (HCS).
- James Islander rolls out Mitla Tortilleria (Post & Courier).
- Charleston in running with 6 other cities for NBA D-League team out of Charlotte (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Thousands attend North Charleston Arts Festival (Live 5 News).
- Southern Charm recap: The crazy trip to Delaware (Lowcountry Current).
- Charleston Greek Festival Returns this Weekend for its 45th Year (HCS).
- Pat Conroy and Catherine Seltzer to speak at the Charleston Music Hall (Charleston City Paper).
- Win a Weekend at an IOP Beach House Courtesy of Mellow Mushroom (HCS).
- ‘Charleston County Parks’ app announced (Post & Courier).
- AVATAR-Inspired Cirque du Soleil Visits Coliseum in February 2016 (HCS).
- Sue Monk Kidd’s novel The Invention of Wings rediscovers the lives of important Charleston women (Charleston City Paper).
- Music Hall Schedules Several Movie Screenings (HCS).
- Enough Pie takes bold step into street arts with next Awakening event (Post & Courier).
- Frank Martin confirms three departures from USC team (News 2).
- Wando sailing team competing for national championship (Post & Courier).
- Soccer all-star rosters include 19 area players (Post & Courier).
- Turnout for Berkeley sheriff runoff under 10 percent (ABC News 4).
- Budget debate begins in Senate amidst noisy politics (Post & Courier).
- Huckabee camp names South Carolina campaign director (Post & Courier).
- DHEC holding hearings statewide on SC Health Plan (ABC News 4).
- SC Senate tentatively approves $7 billion spending plan (Live 5 News).
- South Carolina owes feds $1.6M for Medicaid mistake (Post & Courier).
- Gay leaders happy even with anti-discrimination bill failing (ABC News 4).
- South Carolina African-American Chamber urges black voters to `keep an open mind` (Live 5 News).
- SC House member expects to pay off ethics fines by fall (ABC News 4).
- Sullivan’s Island looking to fill council seats in Tuesday election (Live 5 News).
- Robust turnout reported for Sullivan’s Island elections (Post & Courier).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Charleston County GOP Chairman Larry Kobrovsky (HCS).
- House buries Democrats’ call to lead the way on sexual-orientation protections (Post & Courier).
- Lawmakers propose to redefine Dorchester County coastal zone (News 2).
- George Pataki to visit Clemson wind turbine site Friday (Post & Courier).
- Coroner locates family of man whose body found in N. Charleston marsh (Live 5 News).
- Suspect to be charged with murder in case of missing Summerville woman (Post & Courier).
- Charleston doctor: New Alzheimer’s study could change future (ABC News 4).
- Wife of ex-CIA Director Petraeus to speak at Joint Base Charleston (Live 5 News).
- Berkeley County School Board reopens superintendent search (News 2).
- Nerdwallet ranks Ladson best place in Lowcountry for millennial job-seekers (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Two South Carolina companies win Dig South startup contests (Post & Courier).
- Bidr auction platform wins $10,200, first place at Dig South pitch event (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- South Carolina’s first breast milk bank opens in North Charleston (Post & Courier).
- Former cop saves choking child in West Ashley (News 2).
- Yorktown receives $26,000 grant for engine room work (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- New developments into murder investigation of Lucas Cavanaugh (News 2).
- CCSD releases bell schedule proposal, associated costs for buses (ABC News 4).
- Hospital notifying patients of lost flash drive (Live 5 News).
- SCE&G Donates $150,000 to Roper St. Francis Hospital (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Dog in guarded condition after found impaled on tree limb (ABC News 4).
- Emergency crews contain fire near Kapstone plant in N. Charleston (Live 5 News).
- I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead: Life As a New Dad (Charleston Grit).
- $28.5M apartment complex to go up in Mount Pleasant (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- CofC uses praying mantises for bug mitigation (News 2).
- Coroner identifies man found in St. Stephen canal (Live 5 News).
- Charleston boy named Children’s Miracle Network’s SC champion ambassador (ABC News 4).
- Charleston School of Law scales back graduation events (Post & Courier).
- Long-time barber hangs up the razor at The Citadel (Live 5 News).
- Charleston police: No victims found after shots reported on peninsula (ABC News 4).
- Deputies search for runaway Anderson Co. teen (Live 5 News).
- 1 dead in shooting in Beaufort County (ABC News 4).
- 3-year-old boy killed after being ejected from Bobcat loader (ABC News 4).
Events3 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
Events3 days ago
UPDATE: 3rd Annual Recovery Jam Postponed to December 3rd
Events4 days ago
UPDATE: Holy City Arts & Lyric Opera’s Performance with Elaine Alvarez Canceled
Events4 days ago
BCLS Hosting Halloween Crafts and Teens Candy Caper Mystery
Events5 days ago
Cooper River Bridge Run Kids Run & Family Festival Rescheduled Due to Impending Weather
Events5 days ago
Frannie & The Fox Announces New Italian Sensibilities Dinner Series