- Uber to operate in SC through June 2015, says public service commission (ABC News 4).
- College of Charleston theater students make pouches for orphaned kangaroos (Post & Courier).
- Arabic tweet a non-issue, airport says — except for local TV station (ABC News 4).
- Y102.5 is running their 7th Annual “Y Care for Kids” Radiothon benefitting MUSC Children’s Hospital (Y102.5).
- Edisto Beach mayor dies (Live 5 News).
- 25 Restaurants to Find Iconic Shrimp and Grits in Charleston (Eater Charleston).
- Prohibition to host a Six-Course Oskar Blues Beer Dinner (HCS).
- Still Mourning the Loss of Andolini’s Pizza Parlor (Eater Charleston).
- Burritos and Dominican Burgers at Butcher & Bee This Weekend (Eater Charleston).
- The Barbeque Joint’s Anniversary Pig Pickin’ & Bluegrass Block Party Set for February 7th (HCS).
- New shrimp-and-grits destination in North Charleston (Post & Courier).
- Henry’s was Among the First Fish Houses in the Holy City (Eater Charleston).
- National Sick Day (Yelp Charleston).
- The Woodlands Brought National Dining Recognition to Summerville (Eater Charleston).
- The Grill and Island Bar puts more choices on menu (Post & Courier).
- The Colony House Was Charleston’s Standby for Almost 40 Years (Eater Charleston).
- Roadshow appraisers curious about contents of Charleston’s kitchens (Post & Courier).
- Mark Knopfler Plays the PAC in October (HCS).
- Bully Pulpit says good-bye to the Holy City (Charleston City Paper).
- CFW announces featured designer, emcee for finale (Charleston City Paper).
- Duke University Pitchforks Charity Concert Scheduled for 2/7 (HCS).
- Sapakoff: Stingrays’ subsidy deal from North Charleston makes sense (Post & Courier).
- Haley ties tax cut in roads plan to South Carolina’s competitive edge (Post & Courier).
- Public Listening Sessions on Late Night Activity/Bar Ban on February 11 (Eater Charleston).
- Lindsey Graham launches new White House exploratory bid website (Post & Courier).
- Lindsey Graham: Wrong on Everything (Foreign Policy).
- Haley creates task force to combat domestic violence (ABC News 4).
- Downtown Charleston fire under investigation (News 2).
- One year ago, Lowcountry experienced ‘Winter Storm 2014’ (Live 5 News).
- The Post & Courier’s “Till Death Do Us Part” series is a Finalist for 2015 Goldsmith Prize (Shorenstein Center).
- Charleston police officer who was under investigation committed to psychiatric hospital (Post & Courier).
- Man killed in fall at North Charleston Performing Arts Center (Post & Courier).
- Kiawah Island tops list of resort spas in Southeast, Central America (Post & Courier).
- Anti-Cruelty: Charleston Animal Society’s Work in CHS (Charleston Grit).
- SC civil rights protesters ‘Friendship Nine’ to have records erased (Live 5 News).
- Charleston intersections are overrun with panhandlers (Charleston City Paper).
- U.S. Marshals arrest 2nd suspect for violent home invasion in W. Ashley (Live 5 News).
- Car collided with tree in fatal Johns Island wreck (Live 5 News).
- Reader photos: Abandoned Lowcountry (Post & Courier).
- Financially troubled SC State to make budget presentation (Live 5 News).
- New book tells story of oldest parish in South Carolina (News 2).
- Inmate serving life in prison charged in 1999 cold case (Live 5 News).
- Dr. Nancy McGinley speaks out for the first time since her resignation as CCSD superintendent (News 2).
- Expect delays on I26 eastbound; Night lane closures planned for weekend (ABC News 4).
- Police searching for truck, trailer stolen in North Charleston (Live 5 News).
- CFD hacks down doors, trains in vacant downtown high-rise (ABC News 4).
- Cannon Detention Center to host job fair (Live 5 News).
- Fire sparks across street from CFD headquarters (ABC News 4).
- Community, business leaders join in to tackle achievement gap in Tri-County schools (Live 5 News).
- Lawsuit filed in fatal Mt. Pleasant training flight crash (Live 5 News).
- For first time, SC parents can protect kids from identity theft (ABC News 4).
- Mt. Pleasant Fire reinvents itself, saving tax dollars (Live 5 News).
- One person in custody following North Charleston robbery (Live 5 News).
- CCSO: 12 horses removed from property, owner overwhelmed (Live 5 News).
- CofC class helps students create startup companies (Live 5 News).
- Goose Creek Rural Volunteer Fire chief dies (Live 5 News).
- 4 arrested, 3 sought in dog fighting, drug dealing investigation (Live 5 News).
Events7 hours ago
Deep Water Vineyard Hosting Annual Grape Stomp Festival on August 27th
Deep Water Vineyard will host their Annual Grape Stomp Festival on Saturday, August 27th from 10 am to 6 pm....
Booze8 hours ago
The Gin Joint to Host “Whistlepig Dinner” on August 30th
Events8 hours ago
Palmetto Community Care Promotes HIV Testing and Prevention for National Southern HIV/AIDS Awareness Day on August 20th
Events8 hours ago
Last Chance to Get Discounted Tickets to the 25th Annual Awendaw Blue Crab Festival on Saturday, August 27th
Events8 hours ago
Cooper River Bridge Run Kids Run & Family Festival Set for October 2nd
Events10 hours ago
Charleston Weekend Events
Events12 hours ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend