- Judge dismisses civil case against Citadel (ABC News 4).
- Feds plan to lease waters off South Carolina for oil and gas exploration (Post & Courier).
- Famed SC civil rights protesters to have arrest records erased (ABC News 4).
- King Street hit-and-run suspect arrested in Georgia (ABC News 4).
- Senator dismisses attempt to rename Ravenel Bridge for African-American weavers (Post & Courier).
- Winter storm in Northeast has some folks down South concerned (Live 5 News).
- Make your own $30 menu at top restaurants (Post & Courier).
- Leading ladies of Food and Bev (Charleston Magazine).
- Jimmy John’s sandwich shop to open in West Ashley (Post & Courier).
- Cocktail Club Named One of the South’s Best Cocktail Bars (HCS).
- Básico Brunch Review (Basil and Bubbly).
- Breakfast and lunch popularity sets Saint Alban on new course (Post & Courier).
- Anatomy of an Icon: Glass Onion’s Fried Green Tomato Po Boy (Eater Charleston).
- The Yogurt Mountain on King Street has closed (Twitter).
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House announced that Jonathan Kaldas will be the executive chef for the Charleston location, which will open this spring.
- After 28 Years, Eli Hyman Still Has a Passion for Service (Eater Charleston).
- Ted’s Butcherblock Advances Jamey Fairchild to Head Chef (Eater Charleston).
- Indaco Hosts a Citrus Happy Hour on Thursday (HCS).
- A new event called the “New Music Expo” is scheduled to be held in Charleston this August (NME).
- The Bitterness Bash is Back at the Biergarten (HCS).
- Local musician Tom Mackell released his EP today (iTunes).
- Hollywood joins CofC alum’s family to launch safety campaign ‘Safety for Sarah’ (ABC News 4).
- Weird Al is coming Aug. 9. Here are his 7 greatest original (Charleston City Paper).
- 3rd Annual “Love Bites” Celebration Scheduled for 2/13 at Mixson (HCS).
- James Island’s Williams earns Joye Law Scholar Athlete award (ABC News 4).
- Bay Street Biergarten Has Lots on Tap for Super Sunday (HCS).
- Local Dancer Launches Weekly Latin Barre Exercise Class (HCS).
- Mayor Riley to deliver last State of the City address (News 2).
- US Sen. Tim Scott adding more veterans job sessions (Live 5 News).
- With state legislation pending, Uber wants PSC to cancel hearing (Post & Courier).
- Rick Perry to visit with Republicans in South Carolina (Live 5 News).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Councilmen William Dudley Gregorie & Mike Seekings (HCS).
- House group passes its road plan; chairman expects changes (Live 5 News).
- Hispanic congressman explains immigration order at N. Charleston church (Post & Courier).
- Berkeley County School Dist. begins hiring process for new superintendent (News 2).
- James Island school goes full Montessori (News 2).
- Horry County delaying use of tablets in elementary schools (ABC News 4).
- South Carolina charter school laws rise to No. 10 in national rankings (Post & Courier).
- Miles of sand fences going up at Folly to build new dunes (Post & Courier).
- Final repairs to Bees Ferry Road set for February (Live 5 News).
- Accident closes Ashley River Bridge lanes into downtown Charleston (Live 5 News).
- Suspicious package being investigated near entrance to I’On (Moultrie News).
- Boeing’s first North Charleston-built 787 ‘Dash-9’ Dreamliner rolls off production line (Post & Courier).
- South Carolina unemployment falls to 6.5 percent in December (ABC News 4).
- Mount Pleasant girl fights cancer (News 2).
- South Carolina man found guilty in medical student’s fatal shooting (Live 5 News).
- Chickens now allowed on some residential lots in Berkeley County (News 2).
- Charleston Fire Department conducting training at downtown building (Live 5 News).
- CSX: Noise disruption in Wando Woods neighborhood came from locomotive engine (Live 5 News).
- USDA clears Spartanburg County animal park in fire (ABC News 4).
- Police say Marietta couple shot in the head, suspect charged with murder (Live 5 News).
- Laurens Co. Runaway Says She’s Coming Home (News 2).
- Man acquitted of kidnapping, sexual assault charges in Berkeley County (POst & Courier).
Events1 hour ago
Charleston Gaillard Center Announces “One Night of Queen” in April
Gary Mullen & The Works are celebrating the 20th Anniversary of their world-renowned One Night Of Queen live concert performance,...
Events19 hours ago
Carolina Ice Palace to Host Pajama Night Public Skate Party on August 12th
Events1 day ago
Charleston Weekend Events
Events1 day ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
Events2 days ago
City of Charleston Hosting Annual First Day Festival on August 7th
Events2 days ago
“Candidate Without a Prayer: A Discussion with Herb Silverman” Set for Sunday
Events3 days ago
Tempest to Celebrate 2nd Anniversary with Special Dinner on August 11th