- One person shot on James Island (News 2).
- Northeast weather cancels flights at Charleston airport (Live 5 News).
- SLED to investigate Charleston officer’s encounter with woman (ABC News 4).
- Big winter blast leaves Lowcountry out in the cold (Post & Courier).
- Freezing temperatures headed for Lowcountry (Live 5 News).
- CCSO conducting internal review as details of Matuskovic shooting revealed by SLED (ABC News 4).
- Where to Eat on Super Bowl Sunday in Charleston (Eater Charleston).
- The Farmbar is no more (Facebook).
- Celebrate 82 Queen’s 33rd Anniversary on Feb. 6th (HCS).
- Get schooled in Charleston’s fine dining history (Charleston City Paper).
- Estimated 12,000 attend Lowcountry Oyster Festival (Live 5 News).
- Lowcountry Oyster Festival Photo Gallery (Post & Courier).
- 25 Oldest Restaurants in Charleston Worth a Visit (Eater Charleston).
- Photo Gallery: Tabbuli West Ashley’s Grand Opening (J Walker Photo).
- Pabst confirms Recovery Room is, indeed, the No. 1 seller of PBR 12-oz. cans in the world (Charleston City Paper).
- Signage is Up at King Street Chipotle (Eater Charleston).
- Charleston: what to do in the best city in the world (MSN).
- College of Charleston group running across US for childhood cancer (ABC News 4).
- 9-year-old tumor survivor hopes to inspire adults to run in underwear on Valentine’s Day (Post & Courier).
- Your Breakup Could Earn You $250 at the Cocktail Club’s Jilted Lovers Party (HCS).
- Stefanie Santana featured on NPR Tiny Desk blog Saturday (Charleston City Paper).
- Blues Musician Celebrates 82nd Birthday at Home Team BBQ (HCS).
- Hot Stove speaker Goose Gossage on saves, Steinbrenner and steroids (Post & Courier).
- The Royal American Hosts “Songwriters In The Round” on Feb. 5th (HCS).
- MLB star joins Lowcountry father to honor man in fatal King Street assault (LIve 5 News).
- Bill Carson brings friends, collaborators together for Groundhog Day concert (Post & Courier).
- Lowcountry Dance Invitational Scheduled for February 7th (HCS).
- An independent “man-on-the-street” video recorded in Charleston was recently released (Vimeo).
- John Kresse headlines College of Charleston Hall of Fame class of 2015 (Post & Courier).
- Charleston Mayor Riley has long list of goals for final year in office (Post & Courier).
- Supreme Court denies Gov. Nikki Haley’s request to rehear Abbeville education lawsuit (The State).
- State employees told to unfriend social media while at work (Post & Courier).
- S.C. Supreme Court rejects state’s request to reconsider landmark education ruling (Post & Courier).
- Berkeley Communications Director wants Attorney General off case (Post & Courier).
- Two council members file for Moncks Corner mayor’s seat (Post & Courier).
- Not your parents’ student housing: Luxury Charleston project to open in fall (Post & Courier).
- Police investigating mobile meth lab in Mt Pleasant (News 2).
- Will Volvo roll a new plant South Carolina’s way? (Post & Courier).
- Good Done Great: Startup seeks $2.5M in funds, hopes charitable giving technology takes off (Post & Courier).
- N. Charleston neighborhood complains of sleep-shattering overnight siren (Live 5 News).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Paul Roof (HCS).
- SC gets almost $10M from feds for homeless programs (Live 5 News).
- Carnival CEO makes first trip to Charleston, weighs in on local controversies (Post & Courier).
- Man arrested after throwing object, threatening Charleston County deputy (Live 5 News).
- Authorities identify victim in deadly St. Stephen house fire (Live 5 News).
- Blotter: Mouth full of green (Charleston City Paper).
- Rapper, 30, who had been arrested and freed in four fatal shootings, found dead in West Ashley (Post & Courier).
- Berkeley Co. deputy accused of threatening to kill wife, possession of drugs (Live 5 News).
- Residents of Crowfield Plantation concerned about at least 11 thefts from vehicles over the weekend (News 2).
- Study: Savannah River has room for Ga., SC to build new port (ABC News 4).
- Police: No threat to public after teen fatally shot on Greenville trail (Live 5 News).
- MeadWestvaco, Rock-Tenn join to form $16B packaging behemoth (ABC News 4).
- Female store clerk shot, killed during robbery at Conway store (News 2).
- Suspect arrested in Georgia Craigslist seller case (Live 5 News).
Events8 hours ago
Deep Water Vineyard Hosting Annual Grape Stomp Festival on August 27th
Deep Water Vineyard will host their Annual Grape Stomp Festival on Saturday, August 27th from 10 am to 6 pm....
Booze9 hours ago
The Gin Joint to Host “Whistlepig Dinner” on August 30th
Events9 hours ago
Palmetto Community Care Promotes HIV Testing and Prevention for National Southern HIV/AIDS Awareness Day on August 20th
Events9 hours ago
Last Chance to Get Discounted Tickets to the 25th Annual Awendaw Blue Crab Festival on Saturday, August 27th
Events9 hours ago
Cooper River Bridge Run Kids Run & Family Festival Set for October 2nd
Events11 hours ago
Charleston Weekend Events
Events13 hours ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend