- Former Senator Robert Ford claims innocence, despite guilty plea (Live 5 News).
- Power restored to hundreds after truck takes down power lines (Live 5 News).
- S.C. House, Senate move forward with domestic violence legislation (Post & Courier).
- Amended Taxi Stand Ordinance goes into effect along King Street (Live 5 News).
- Season 2 of “Southern Charm” Debuts on March 16th (HCS).
- Police investigate shooting in North Charleston (News 2).
- CPD: Man hospitalized after Percy Street shooting (Live 5 News).
- Police investigate rape in historic downtown Charleston park (News 2).
- A satisfying new menu has saved Mt. Pleasant’s The Americano (Charleston City Paper).
- Ali Baba’s kitchen finds its Middle Eastern mojo (Post & Courier).
- Chipotle has stopped serving pork at hundreds of restaurants, including North Charleston (ABC News 4).
- Vietnamese Food Truck Pink Bellies Streamlines Menu for the New Year (Eater Charleston).
- Three Holy City Bars Make “America’s 100 Best Beer Bars” List (HCS).
- Discovering the past and future of one of COAST’s earliest high-gravity brews (Charleston City Paper).
- Hospitals grapple with fried chicken tradition (Post & Courier).
- We’re In Love With A Strip Mall (Yelp Charleston).
- Blogger following in Food Network’s footsteps visits Charleston (Post & Courier).
- King Street Stunner 492 Hiring For Back of House; Closer to Opening (Eater Charleston).
- SILO puts the ‘e’ in farmers markets (Post & Courier).
CHARLESTON COMEDY FESTIVAL
- Multiple Stories on the 2015 Charleston Comedy Festival (Charleston City Paper).
- Catch these stars of the Charleston comedy scene throughout the festival (CCP).
- Comedian Doug Benson tells more than marijuana jokes (CCP).
- John Mulaney is even funnier as a stand-up than he is as a writer (CCP).
- Get ready for male nipples and adult diapers at the Underwear Comedy Party (CCP).
- The Reformed Whores talk dirty to each other (CCP).
- Dusty Slay just wants to make the evening worth your while (CCP).
- Brandy Sullivan and Greg Tavares have built a festival, a theater, and a scene (Charleston City Paper).
- Cane Bay High School Choir Director is nominated for a Grammy Award (News 2).
- Shakey Graves Play the Music Hall this March (HCS).
- 34 Things Someone From South Carolina Might Have To Explain To An Out-Of-Towner (Movoto).
- The 8th Annual FollyGras Celebration Begins February 16th (HCS).
- Charleston is still a long ways off from embracing true hip-hop culture (Charleston City Paper).
- Ultimate Selfie campaign will let you post picture, message on Lowcountry billboards for $20 donation (Post & Courier).
- Yappy Hour for “Doggies for Anthony” Photo Gallery (Facebook).
- Local Entrepreneur to Introduce Running Accessory at Charleston Marathon (HCS).
- Haley speech challenges lawmakers, sets high hopes for state’s future (Live 5 News).
- Senators file bill to repeal coroner’s arrest powers of sheriff (ABC News 4).
- Documents clear Wilson of 8 additional ethics allegations (News 2).
- National Action Network calls for additional charges against DeWitt (News 2).
- Robert Ford admits guilt in stunning double negative (Charleston City Paper).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Mayor Steve Benjamin (HCS).
- Mount Pleasant Town Council softens ‘gag’ ordinance (Post & Courier).
- Uber drivers seek validity in public meeting (ABC News 4).
- Folly Beach to roll out stricter regulations for golf carts, low speed vehicles (Live 5 News).
- Superintendent: Zoning, grades won’t change next year at Moncks area elementaries (Post & Courier).
- Former SC first lady rescues Citadel cadets on way to Haley inauguration (ABC News 4).
- Charleston economic growth slowed, but local tech industry surged in 2014 (Post & Courier).
- SC prisons, advocates reach deal on inmate mental health (ABC News 4).
- Charleston, MUSC team up to promote healthy work places (Live 5 News).
- Burglars kicking in doors in several Summerville neighborhoods (Live 5 News).
- Witness: Victim chased Berkeley Co. Sheriff after crash (Live 5 News).
- North Charleston woman arrested after alleged sexual assault of minors (Post & Courier).
- Nason Medical settles Medicare fraud case for $1 million (ABC News 4).
- Man arrested after evading state taxes for five years (Post & Courier).
- My Sister’s House director says CCSD could do more to prevent domestic violence (ABC News 4).
- New report evaluates South Carolina’s roads, bridges (Live 5 News).
- Lawyer: ‘Enemy Combatant’ once held in Charleston to be released (ABC News 4).
- Flu deaths in SC up to 54 as number of cases declines again (ABC News 4).
- Charleston Police see jump in gun thefts from cars (Live 5 News).
- Decorated veteran, volunteer remembered for his service (ABC News 4).
- Green Dot pulling MoneyPak Cards: Could see surge in scams before they’re gone (News 2).
- Clemson breaks ground on grad school in North Charleston (Live 5 News).
- Nearly 151,000 sign up for Obamacare plans in SC (ABC News 4).
- Blotter: Trash outside a bar (Charleston City Paper).
- Charleston County launches new ‘smart’ 911 service (Live 5 News).
- ABC News 4 among media companies testing news-gathering drones (ABC News 4).
- Dorchester School District 2 hosts annual Spelling Bee (News 2).
- Summerville High School assistant principal remains on leave until DUI charge resolved (Post & Courier).
- Sheriff: Man wanted in woman’s death after making it look like suicide (Live 5 News).
Events22 hours ago
Charleston County Parks Debuts 5K Trail Race Series
Charleston County Parks today introduced a 5K trail race series that will be held at Caw Caw Interpretive Center, Johns...
Art1 day ago
Wild Dunes Resort Announces New Artist in Residence at The Gallery at Sweetgrass
Events1 day ago
Local Youth Organization Geared Toward Entrepreneurship to Host Fashion Show
Art2 days ago
Park Circle Gallery to Exhibit Works by Morgan Serreno East and Marie Carladous
Art2 days ago
Gibbes Museum of Art Announces Inaugural Week-long Visual Arts Festival
Events2 days ago
“Always…Patsy Cline” Comes to the Charleston Music Hall on May 5th
Events2 days ago
Charleston Jazz Orchestra Returns to Firefly Distillery