Starting tomorrow, all members of the Charleston community, from children to seniors, are invited to participate in a new community art project taking place throughout the city. The Charleston Self-Portrait Project’s first public event begins Wednesday in the College of Charleston’s Barnet Courtyard.
At these free-to-attend events, participants are invited to create a self-portrait that they can either keep or donate to the project for future viewing by the community. The project aims to use these self-made images to create a “portrait of Charleston” that will be featured in a public exhibition in March of this year.
Here’s the public event schedule:
- Wednesday, Jan. 14 from 11 am – 2 pm: CofC’s Barnet Courtyard
- Wednesday, Jan. 28 from 11 am – 2 pm: CofC’s Cistern Yard
- Sunday, Feb. 1 from 1 pm – 4 pm: Blue Bicycle Books
- Friday, Feb. 13 from 4 pm – 7 pm: Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry
- Tuesday, Feb. 17 from 3 pm – 6 pm: Redux Contemporary Art Center
Nighttime at the Museum Returns to The Charleston Museum
The Charleston Museum is bringing back the popular after-hours event Nighttime at the Museum. On Friday, June 3rd, attendees of...