- NCPD investigating shooting, stabbing reported minutes apart (Live 5 News).
- Body found during search ID’d as missing N. Charleston man (Live 5 News).
- Man wounded in afternoon shooting in North Charleston (Post & Courier).
- Coroner IDs Man found dead following police chase on Wadmalaw Island (Live 5 News).
- Judge: Mom who drove kids into ocean was insane (ABC News 4).
- Bond reduced for accused human trafficker (ABC News 4).
- Sex-trafficking suspect a sign of a growing problem, investigators say (Post & Courier).
- Weekend Events, Parties, & Plans (HCS).
- SC Ranks Poorly in “Worst Drivers” and “Unhealthiest” Lists (HCS).
- Mainely Lobstah to roll into town this spring (Charleston City Paper).
- A taste of Chucktown coming to Charleston International (ABC News 4).
- Extra Seating For Seafood Lovers at Downtown’s 167 Raw (Eater Charleston).
- HGTV interior design collaborator created new Shem Creek restaurant Tavern & Table’s look (Charleston City Paper).
- Restaurant Welcomes Guests Today (Eater Charleston).
- Alcohol at Dunleavy’s Polar Bear Plunge could be banned (News 2).
- Lee Brothers give tips for creating your own family cookbook (Post & Courier).
- Who Can Deliver When You Refuse to Leave Your Home? (Eater Charleston).
- Cooper River Bridge Run: Fee increasing; new deputy director to be hired; Grammy-nominated band to return (Post & Courier).
- TOMORROW: Nick Collins to play Windjammer toy drive for MUSC Children’s Hospital (Charleston City Paper).
- “Wild” day in Orlando for Dabo Swinney, from feeding pigs to a car crash and plane scare (Post & Courier).
- Sweetgrass Basket Exhibit on Display at Avery through January 2015 (CofC).
- Holiday Parade of Boats celebrates 33rd year (Post & Courier).
- Charleston makes list of “Most Unexpected Cities for the Perfect Date” list (DatingAdvice.com).
- Middleton Place celebrates the holidays with Family Yuletide event (Post & Courier).
- Indaco Celebrates “Buon Anno” on 12/31 (HCS).
- Music Scene: Trampled by Turtles, Sons of Bill and Frances Cone (Post & Courier).
- McGinley’s return unlikely, attorney says (Post & Courier).
- Bill aims to improve rural health care access (Post & Courier).
- North Charleston residents split over new planned gas station (Live 5 News).
- State employment department makes another early debt payment (Post & Courier).
- Ethics, education, infrastructure top what could be the most ambitious legislative session ever (Live 5 News).
- First S.C. same-sex divorce filed in Charleston (News 2).
- How many police shootings in SC? Nobody knows … yet (Charleston City Paper).
- Crews respond to residential fire near Boeing, airport (ABC News 4).
- Family of six and neighbor displaced, one sent to hospital (Post & Courier).
- War veteran to meet dog he helped save (Live 5 News).
- South Carolina is humbler than most on social media, study says (Post & Courier).
- Pinewood Prep headmaster sleeps on school’s roof for juvenile diabetes (ABC News 4).
- Charleston officers commended for catching armed robbers (Post & Courier).
- Report: Man beat, threatened to kill woman in motel room (Live 5 News).
- SC environmental officials reduce fine for illegal Wild Dunes seawall (Post & Courier).
- Forensic evidence leads to arrest in Wagener Terrace copper theft (Live 5 News).
- Berkeley considering changes in elementary school attendance lines (Post & Courier).
- Charleston history, landscape and inspiration series at Trident Tech begins (Moultrie News).
- 91-year-old into jazz, golf, choir and volunteering (Post & Courier).
Events23 mins ago
Jeni’s Invites You to Help Set a World Record by Eating Ice Cream For Breakfast
Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams is planning something really big this Ice Cream for Breakfast Day (yes, it’s a thing) —...
Events2 hours ago
City of Charleston to Host Financial Empowerment Town Hall
Events14 hours ago
Bakari Sellers to Sign Copies of New Children’s Book on February 12th
Events15 hours ago
TEDxCharleston Returns After Two-Year Hiatus
Charity15 hours ago
7th Annual Doughnut Dash Honoring TyWanza Sanders Scheduled for April 23rd
Events17 hours ago
Colour of Music Festival Returns to Charleston from February 2nd to 5th
Events19 hours ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend