- Lowcountry Christmas parades and tree lightings (Live 5 News).
- Former mayor of Isle of Palms, Carmen Bunch, dies at 93 (Live 5 News).
- Events in Ferguson, Staten Island inspire conversations of race among Lowcountry men (Live 5 News).
- Jury finds Kronsberg guilty of murder; Sentence to be set later (ABC News 4).
- Police to start issuing tickets this weekend to drivers who text (Live 5 News).
- Uber driver 1st in Charleston to be found guilty of violating local rules (Post & Courier).
- Weekend Events, Parties, & Plans: 12/5 – 12/7/14 (HCS).
- Diggity Doughnuts moves into Ike & Alice’s (Charleston City Paper).
- The Drawing Room at The Vendue blends fresh ingredients with gastronomical artistry (Charleston City Paper).
- Charleston’s Great Fried Chicken Sandwich Debate (Holly Herrick).
- Bacon and Bourbon Returns this February (HCS).
- Searching For Signs of Progress at the Farmers’ and Exchange Bank Building (Eater Charleston).
- Virgil Kaine adds unflavored whiskeys to line (Post & Courier).
- Sunday at New Moon: Oyster Roast Benefitting the Lowcountry Food Bank (HCS).
- The Hottest Restaurants in Charleston Right Now, December 2014 (Eater Charleston).
- The sauce that keeps you coming back (Post & Courier).
- A Tale of Two Husks: How Sean Brock’s Sister Spots Stack Up (Eater Charleston).
- SC invites traditional food artists to apply for award (Post & Courier).
- Upcoming Brunch Hub The Westendorff Works Through Interiors (Eater Charleston).
- Sol Using “Kitchen Karma” to Aid Lowcountry Orphan Relief (HCS).
- Australian horror flick The Babadook will play at the Terrace Theatre this weekend (Charleston City Paper).
- Charleston Southern runs away 105-55 (ABC News 4).
- Whether you’re fast or just festive, Reindeer Run 5K kicks off holidays in earnest (Post & Courier).
- CCF performers and alums in top 10 TimeOut NYC list (Charleston City Paper).
- Charleston Stage to put on new production of ‘A Christmas Carol’ (Post & Courier).
- “The Ballad of Shovels & Rope” is Now Available for Purchase (HCS).
- High School Notes: Cane Bay’s Russell Zehr named 7-AAAA coach of the year (Post & Courier).
- ‘The Charleston Christmas Special’ promises everything “from holiday classics to spiritual favorites and everything in between’ (Post & Courier).
- 2nd loan approved for SC State, this time for $12M (ABC News 4).
- S.C. State is running out of chances (Post & Courier).
- Young conservatives pushing GOP to back gay marriage rights (Post & Courier).
- Charleston County School Board committee weighs cost for new Angel Oak Elementary (Post & Courier).
- Charleston to spend millions on fire stations (ABC News 4 ).
- SC bill would bar abusers from owning guns (Live 5 News).
- Attorney general declines to support gun ban for domestic abusers (Post & Courier).
- New fire station slated for site next to Sofa Superstore memorial (Post & Courier).
- Suspicious package leads to suspected drug dealer’s arrest (Live 5 News).
- MUSC parade marshal’s biggest gift was bone marrow (ABC News 4).
- Tech startup InciComm launches an app to help firefighters in the middle of a fire fight (Charleston City Paper).
- MUSC doctor: Country at ‘tipping point’ with antibiotic-resistant illnesses (ABC News 4).
- Cyber harassment forces student on medical homebound (News 2).
- Pearl Harbor Memorial Service to be held this Sunday on the USS Yorktown (HCS).
- Charleston VA holding nursing recruitment event (ABC News 4).
- Charleston psychologist helped develop new sexual assault survey for military (Post & Courier).
- Deputy coroner died in Colleton County crash (ABC News 4).
- North Charleston manufacturing sector still feeling the Boeing effect (Post & Courier).
- VA official Gibson to visit Charleston Center (ABC News 4).
- Patriots Point targets college football fans to boost statewide recognition (Post & Courier).
- Crews on scene of structure fire in West Ashley (News 2).
- ‘Hire Me’ event planned for openings at several restaurants (ABC News 4).
- SCRA provides start-up funding to two Charleston companies (Post & Courier).
- Construction wraps up on Bees Ferry Road Widening Project (Live 5 News).
- 140 jobs for SC county with highest unemployment (ABC News 4).
- Sangaree educator honored by state (News 2).
- Sheriff: Mother arrested for failing to protect child from boyfriend’s abuse (ABC News 4).
- Man gets life for baseball bat killing of his mom (Post & Courier).
- Andrews attempted murder suspect surrenders to police (ABC News 4).
- Man leads Kershaw County deputies on 120 mph chase (Post & Courier).
Events30 mins ago
Spoleto Announces Full 2023 Program
Spoleto Festival USA today announced programming for the 47th season of America’s premier performing arts festival, taking place from May...
Events3 hours ago
IAAM to Host Public Programming Events in Anticipation of Grand Opening
Events4 hours ago
Charleston Weekend Events
Events2 days ago
Basic Kitchen Partnering with Tarpon Cellars to Host Wine Lovers Dinner
Events3 days ago
Brookgreen Gardens to Celebrate Black History Month with Programs
Events3 days ago
CofC Interactive Speaker Series to Lead Discussion on Film/TV Career of Arts Management Alumna Emma Rose Isely
Art3 days ago
The Gibbes Museum of Art to Display Works from the National Museum of Wildlife Art