- Lowcountry Christmas parades and tree lightings (Live 5 News).
- Former mayor of Isle of Palms, Carmen Bunch, dies at 93 (Live 5 News).
- Events in Ferguson, Staten Island inspire conversations of race among Lowcountry men (Live 5 News).
- Jury finds Kronsberg guilty of murder; Sentence to be set later (ABC News 4).
- Police to start issuing tickets this weekend to drivers who text (Live 5 News).
- Uber driver 1st in Charleston to be found guilty of violating local rules (Post & Courier).
- Weekend Events, Parties, & Plans: 12/5 – 12/7/14 (HCS).
- Diggity Doughnuts moves into Ike & Alice’s (Charleston City Paper).
- The Drawing Room at The Vendue blends fresh ingredients with gastronomical artistry (Charleston City Paper).
- Charleston’s Great Fried Chicken Sandwich Debate (Holly Herrick).
- Bacon and Bourbon Returns this February (HCS).
- Searching For Signs of Progress at the Farmers’ and Exchange Bank Building (Eater Charleston).
- Virgil Kaine adds unflavored whiskeys to line (Post & Courier).
- Sunday at New Moon: Oyster Roast Benefitting the Lowcountry Food Bank (HCS).
- The Hottest Restaurants in Charleston Right Now, December 2014 (Eater Charleston).
- The sauce that keeps you coming back (Post & Courier).
- A Tale of Two Husks: How Sean Brock’s Sister Spots Stack Up (Eater Charleston).
- SC invites traditional food artists to apply for award (Post & Courier).
- Upcoming Brunch Hub The Westendorff Works Through Interiors (Eater Charleston).
- Sol Using “Kitchen Karma” to Aid Lowcountry Orphan Relief (HCS).
- Australian horror flick The Babadook will play at the Terrace Theatre this weekend (Charleston City Paper).
- Charleston Southern runs away 105-55 (ABC News 4).
- Whether you’re fast or just festive, Reindeer Run 5K kicks off holidays in earnest (Post & Courier).
- CCF performers and alums in top 10 TimeOut NYC list (Charleston City Paper).
- Charleston Stage to put on new production of ‘A Christmas Carol’ (Post & Courier).
- “The Ballad of Shovels & Rope” is Now Available for Purchase (HCS).
- High School Notes: Cane Bay’s Russell Zehr named 7-AAAA coach of the year (Post & Courier).
- ‘The Charleston Christmas Special’ promises everything “from holiday classics to spiritual favorites and everything in between’ (Post & Courier).
- 2nd loan approved for SC State, this time for $12M (ABC News 4).
- S.C. State is running out of chances (Post & Courier).
- Young conservatives pushing GOP to back gay marriage rights (Post & Courier).
- Charleston County School Board committee weighs cost for new Angel Oak Elementary (Post & Courier).
- Charleston to spend millions on fire stations (ABC News 4 ).
- SC bill would bar abusers from owning guns (Live 5 News).
- Attorney general declines to support gun ban for domestic abusers (Post & Courier).
- New fire station slated for site next to Sofa Superstore memorial (Post & Courier).
- Suspicious package leads to suspected drug dealer’s arrest (Live 5 News).
- MUSC parade marshal’s biggest gift was bone marrow (ABC News 4).
- Tech startup InciComm launches an app to help firefighters in the middle of a fire fight (Charleston City Paper).
- MUSC doctor: Country at ‘tipping point’ with antibiotic-resistant illnesses (ABC News 4).
- Cyber harassment forces student on medical homebound (News 2).
- Pearl Harbor Memorial Service to be held this Sunday on the USS Yorktown (HCS).
- Charleston VA holding nursing recruitment event (ABC News 4).
- Charleston psychologist helped develop new sexual assault survey for military (Post & Courier).
- Deputy coroner died in Colleton County crash (ABC News 4).
- North Charleston manufacturing sector still feeling the Boeing effect (Post & Courier).
- VA official Gibson to visit Charleston Center (ABC News 4).
- Patriots Point targets college football fans to boost statewide recognition (Post & Courier).
- Crews on scene of structure fire in West Ashley (News 2).
- ‘Hire Me’ event planned for openings at several restaurants (ABC News 4).
- SCRA provides start-up funding to two Charleston companies (Post & Courier).
- Construction wraps up on Bees Ferry Road Widening Project (Live 5 News).
- 140 jobs for SC county with highest unemployment (ABC News 4).
- Sangaree educator honored by state (News 2).
- Sheriff: Mother arrested for failing to protect child from boyfriend’s abuse (ABC News 4).
- Man gets life for baseball bat killing of his mom (Post & Courier).
- Andrews attempted murder suspect surrenders to police (ABC News 4).
- Man leads Kershaw County deputies on 120 mph chase (Post & Courier).
Events8 hours ago
Bakari Sellers to Sign Copies of New Children’s Book on February 12th
Turning Page Bookshop will host CNN political commentator and New York Times best-selling author Bakari Sellers on February 12th. He...
Events11 hours ago
Colour of Music Festival Returns to Charleston from February 2nd to 5th
Events13 hours ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
Booze1 day ago
Firefly Celebrates 2 Years in Park Circle with Limited Edition Vodka
Events1 day ago
Folly Beach Sea & Sand Event Set for February 26th & 27th
Events1 day ago
Lowcountry Oyster Festival Announces Musical Acts and Beneficiaries
Events1 day ago
Annual Charleston Boat Show Returns this Weekend