Oak Steakhouse, which was recently chosen as one of America’s best steakhouses, will host a special wine tasting happy hour at 5:30 pm on Tuesday, November 18th.
The restaurant’s sommelier, Vonda Freeman has selected each wine for the event, while Chef de Cuisine Erik Zizka will prepare a menu of light hors d’oeuvres to accompany the wines.
The featured wines include:
- JCB Brut Rose No .69 Cremant de Bourgogne, Burgundy
- Bollinger Brut Special Cuvee, Champagne
- Enroute Pinot Noir “Les Pommieres,” Russian River Valley
- Tenuta Della Ornellaia “Le Volte,” Bolgheri/Tuscany
- Chateau Lassegue Grand Cru, St Emilion, Bordeaux
- Two Hands Cabernet Sauvignon “Sexy Beast,” McLaren Vale
- Clos du Val Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley
- Groth Cabernet Sauvignon, Oakville/Napa
- La Jota Cabernet Sauvignon, Howell Mountain/Napa
- Raymond Cabernet Sauvignon “Generations,” Napa Valley
The light hors d’oeuvres include:
- Butternut squash shooter with duck confit and maple crème fraiche
- Pear and prosciutto canapé with pecan crème
- Beef carpaccio, shaved truffle pecorino and crispy capers
- Braised pork belly with cherry gastrique
The cost is $20 per person plus tax and gratuity. For more information, visit the ticketing website.
Gibbes Museum of Art Announces Inaugural Week-long Visual Arts Festival
The Gibbes Museum of Art has announced a new annual festival of visual art, Art Charleston, which will take place...