- EMS: 1 dead in N. Charleston Shooting (Live 5 News).
- Football coach ousted at Academic Magnet (ABC News 4).
- Superintendent: Faces painted on watermelons, then named before being smashed.
- Police need your help finding missing teen (News 2).
- As the Coburg Cow turns: Bessie reunited with another milk bottle (Post & Courier).
- The Junior League of Charleston is raising awareness of the national child sex epidemic with an event entitled: “Child Sex Trafficking: Here. Now.” The October 22nd & 23rd event will show the documentary “Playground,” produced by George Clooney and directed by South Carolina native Libby Spears. A question and answer session with experts will immediately follow the film’s screening. Attend either night at Cinebarre (Campaign 13).
- Photo Gallery: Gubernatorial Debate from Furman University (ABC News 4).
- Screw Pumpkin Spice; Black Tap Coffee Offers Candy Corn Lattes (Eater Charleston).
- Dinner with Charleston’s newest ‘supper cult’ (Charleston City Paper).
- Friends of the Hunley’s 10th Annual Oyster Roast & Silent Auction (HCS).
- Moe’s Crosstown Barkeep Greer Farrell Wrote the Book on What it’s Like To Deal With Drunks (Eater Charleston).
- Join the South of Calhoun Sam Adams Bar Crawl this Friday (HCS).
- Raw fish and bourbon (Post & Courier).
- Lowcountry Food Day Crawl Starts on Thursday (HCS).
- Bartender Kevin Young Probably Paved the Way for Table Dancing at A.C.’s Bar & Grill (Eater Charleston).
- Mellow Celebrates One Year in Summerville with Fair & Halloween Party (HCS).
- Mt. Pleasant food trailer specializes in bison, lamb and goat (Post & Courier).
- Biergarten Celebrates its First Birthday on Friday with an All-Day Party (HCS).
- Palmetto Brewery gets two new pieces (Airtight Artwork).
- LOKAL Seabar Celebrates Grand Opening this Friday (HCS).
- T+L’s Definitive Guide to Charleston (Travel + Leisure).
- Living in: The world’s friendliest cities (BBC).
- Actress Lauren Vélez who played María LaGuerta on Dexter is part of the “South of Hell” cast – per Nick Case, who was working as an extra on the TV series today.
- 5 Around Town’s 5 favorite things about Young Frankenstein at Dock Street Theatre (Live 5 News).
- Lowcountry author publishes first novel (Post & Courier).
- Share the Harvest in Mount Pleasant’s Old Village (HCS).
- RBC Heritage raising prices of daily tickets (ABC News 4).
- Trick or Treat Through The Citadel Mall this Halloween (HCS).
- Lowcountry Top 10 football teams (Post & Courier).
- First Baptist vs. Porter-Gaud for SCISA volleyball state championship (Post & Courier).
- Stratford’s Jamison Mobbs, Timberland’s Johnell Brown named high school players of week (Post & Courier).
- Same-sex couple urge judge to toss Haley, Wilson objections to their marriage (The State).
- Governor’s debate today after new poll showing huge lead for Haley (Post & Courier).
- State leaders discuss if extra gas fee would fix SC roads (Live 5 News).
- Sens. Campbell, Grooms advocate for statewide gas tax increase (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- SC Shows Improvement on Federal Report Cards (News 2).
- Corps holds meeting on Charleston Harbor deepening (ABC News 4).
- Georgetown residents discuss potential sales tax increase (News 2).
- Ervin loans $3.4M to independent SC gov campaign (ABC News 4).
- Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce unveiled plans to fix road problems in the Lowcountry (News 2).
- Better way of doing business at DOT emphasizes customer service, Oakley says (Post & Courier).
- Berkeley County bus driver fired for texting while driving (News 2).
- Parents say missing Greenville woman was left to die in woods (Live 5 News).
- National Medal of Honor Museum poised to break ground late next year (Post & Courier).
- Ten Startups to Watch (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Wild Dunes condo owners appeal state fine for illegal seawall (Post & Courier).
- S.C. unemployment number climbs to 6.6% in September (Columbia Regional Business Journal).
- Local company CHD Interiors has been selected as a finalist for the 26th Annual ARTS Awards (CHD Interiors).
- Greenville schools to screen students for Ebola (ABC News 4).
- Federal law enforcement agencies celebrate ten years at Charleston center (Live 5 News).
- Man accused of killing girlfriend in 2013 expected to plead guilty (ABC News 4).
- Police seek man who flashed teen girl at Wal-Mart (ABC News 4).
- Police searching for W. Ashley man accused of pointing gun at relative (Live 5 News).
- Berkeley lawsuit brings OT change for deputies (Post & Courier).
- Grieving mother: ‘The justice system failed us’ (ABC News 4).
- Mortgage requirements may soon be lowered to attract more home buyers (News 2).
- Head-on collision with log truck kills 1, injures 2 (ABC News 4).
Events17 hours ago
Charleston Christmas and Holiday Events (2022 Edition)
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Charleston…well as much as it can. It may not feel wintry,...
Charity21 hours ago
Big Brothers Big Sisters to Host BIG Lowcountry Boil on December 3rd
Events21 hours ago
City of Charleston Announces Upcoming Holiday Events
Events21 hours ago
Cougar Night Lights Returns to Cistern Yard For Holiday Season
Events1 day ago
Greeting Card Competition Winners at the Holiday Festival of Lights
Events1 day ago
Pink Cactus to Host Tequila Dinner With Tears of Llorona on 11/29
Events1 day ago
2022 World Cup Watching Parties in Charleston