On Saturday, October 26th, the equestrian trails at Middleton Place will be filled with runners, walkers, and their four-legged companions for the “Running With The Hounds,” a “canicross, trail run, and walking” event.
“Canicross” is the term for cooperative running between a dog and a person. The dog wears a harness with a line attached to their owner’s waist, which helps the dog pull them along during the race. This also adds distance to the runner’s stride.
The Running With The Hounds events will include the following:
- 5K timed trail run for competitive runners
- 5K timed trail run for dogs and their human companions
- 5K fun run
- 5K trail walk for those with and without dogs
- Huck Finn Village: Activities for parents, kids, and dogs
- Horse Shoe Bingo
- Cane Pole Fishing
- Stone skipping
- Raft Building
- Kids Steeple Chase
- Geocaching-Style Scavenger Hunt
- Dog Demonstrations
- Dog Agility Course
Second Annual Car Show in Summerville Benefits Families Living with Alzheimer’s and Related Dementia
The ARK of South Carolina announced that it will be hosting its second annual Car Show on Saturday, March 25th...