After a short break, Circa 1886 is set to hold another dining event on Wednesday, October 29th at 6:30 pm. The restaurant will host a Bourbon and Bacon Dinner featuring multiple courses, drink pairings, a book signing, and of course, a romantic setting.
Morgan Murphy, a Southern Living cookbook author, will be the guest of honor as the restaurant celebrates his new book Bourbon & Bacon. Appropriately, the evening’s four-course dinner will prominently feature bourbon and bacon. After eating, attendees can visit with Murphy and have him sign copies of his book.
The menu is as follows:
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip on Waffle Fry
- Vidalia Onion Spread on Fried Green Tomato
- Paired with Shoo-Fly Punch
- Bacon-Brown Sugar Brussels Sprouts n’ Tennessee Cheddar-Bacon Ale Soup
- Paired with Apple Restorative Cocktail
- Bacon Wrapped Sea Scallop Cauliflower Pudding, Candied Peanuts, Lemon Gastrique, Carrot, Celery
- Paired with Tailgate Sipper
- “Three Little Pigs” Pork Belly, Cheek and Tenderloin, Sweet Potato, Turnip, Grits, Cherry, Vanilla, Cola, Arugula, Bacon Vinaigrette
- Paired with Lot of Ins, Lot of Outs
- Spiced Anson Mills Corncake Salted Bourbon Caramel, “Bacon & Egg” Ice Cream
- Paired with Nine Pound Hammer
The Bourbon and Bacon dinner is $85 per person (plus 20% gratuity and 10.5% tax). To reserve a seat, call the restaurant at 843-853-7828. You can find more information here.
Charleston Home + Design Show Returns in February
Charleston Home + Design magazine’s annual Charleston Home + Design Show will take place at the Charleston Area Convention Center...