After a short break, Circa 1886 is set to hold another dining event on Wednesday, October 29th at 6:30 pm. The restaurant will host a Bourbon and Bacon Dinner featuring multiple courses, drink pairings, a book signing, and of course, a romantic setting.
Morgan Murphy, a Southern Living cookbook author, will be the guest of honor as the restaurant celebrates his new book Bourbon & Bacon. Appropriately, the evening’s four-course dinner will prominently feature bourbon and bacon. After eating, attendees can visit with Murphy and have him sign copies of his book.
The menu is as follows:
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip on Waffle Fry
- Vidalia Onion Spread on Fried Green Tomato
- Paired with Shoo-Fly Punch
- Bacon-Brown Sugar Brussels Sprouts n’ Tennessee Cheddar-Bacon Ale Soup
- Paired with Apple Restorative Cocktail
- Bacon Wrapped Sea Scallop Cauliflower Pudding, Candied Peanuts, Lemon Gastrique, Carrot, Celery
- Paired with Tailgate Sipper
- “Three Little Pigs” Pork Belly, Cheek and Tenderloin, Sweet Potato, Turnip, Grits, Cherry, Vanilla, Cola, Arugula, Bacon Vinaigrette
- Paired with Lot of Ins, Lot of Outs
- Spiced Anson Mills Corncake Salted Bourbon Caramel, “Bacon & Egg” Ice Cream
- Paired with Nine Pound Hammer
The Bourbon and Bacon dinner is $85 per person (plus 20% gratuity and 10.5% tax). To reserve a seat, call the restaurant at 843-853-7828. You can find more information here.
Life Raft Treats Partnering with Local Businesses for Sundae Social on October 2nd
Life Raft Treats, the local ice cream and sweets business from Cynthia Wong, is partnering with some other Charleston area...