Wednesday is Day 4 of the seven-day Charleston Beer Week celebration. It’s the midway point, so if you haven’t attended an event, now is the time! There are six chances for you to enjoy some craft beers and more!
There will be plenty of local brews to try, but Wednesday has offerings from across the U.S. From Charleston to Michigan to California – everyone will be able to try something new.
My pick of the day is definitely the Craft Beer Double Feature at Cinebarre. Unfortunately for you, the event is SOLD OUT. You snooze, you lose. Thankfully, the other events are not sold out…yet. If required, get your tickets NOW.
If you weren’t lucky enough to score tickets to the Double Feature event, I think you should stop Jolly Pumpkin Night at Revelry Brewing. Besides getting a good look at one of the area’s newest breweries, you’ll also have the chance to sample some rare beers from Dexter, Michigan’s Jolly Pumpkin.
Here’s Wednesday’s full schedule:
- 4 pm – Jolly Pumpkin Night – Revelry Brewing
- $25 Ticket includes either 3 pints or 6 half-pints of some of the finest funky beer produced in the U.S. See the list here.
- Meet the brewers
- Revelry will be serving from their kitchen and food truck(s) will do the same. Both are pay-as-you-go.
- 5 pm – SC/GA Collaborative Tap Takeover – Crafty Draught
- Collaborative tap wall face-off
- One wall’s taps will pour beers from Frothy Beard (North Charleston)
- The other wall will pour Terrapin (Athens, GA)
- Pints (and flights!) will be available
- 5 pm – West Coast Pint Night – Mex 1 Coastal Cantina
- $4 Hop-forward beers from five different West Coast breweries
- Live music
- Mex 1 food
- Beers from:
- Anderson Valley Brewing
- Coronado Brewing
- Great Divide Brewing
- Green Flash Brewing
- Lagunitas Brewing
- Stone Brewing
- 6 pm – CRAFT/Cultured Craft Double Feature – Cinebarre
- Southeast premiere of the newest U.S. craft beer documentary, plus the WORLD premiere of a locally-produced, short subject doc on Charleston’s beer scene
- Free pint glass
- SOLD OUT
- 6:30 pm – Founders Beer Dinner – Sesame Burgers & Beer (Mount Pleasant)
- Four-course, five-beer dinner, featuring beers from Founders Brewing (Grand Rapids, MI)
- Reserve your spot by calling Sesame Mount Pleasant at (843) 884-5553, or stopping by in person
- 7 pm – Tradesman Brewing Dinner – Bohemian Bull
- Four courses paired with beers from the new-school Tradesman Brewing (James Island)
- Menu includes;
- I: Ham, fig jam and goat cheese panini, drizzled with hop honey vs. [new, yet-to-be-named farmhouse ale brewed with figs]
- II: Chilled Udon noodle salad, bean sprouts, pickled mushrooms, fresh chilis, soft boiled egg and Wasabi ginger dressing vs. Journeyman Pale Ale
- III: Pork Osso Bucco, roasted patty pan squash, gnocchi with pork braissage and pecan gremolata vs. Brick Layer’s Red Ale
- IV: Mocha Opera Cake; chocolate cake layered with espresso buttercream and dark chocolate ganache vs. Pipe Wrench Porter
Charleston Weekend Events
There’s ALWAYS something to do in Charleston – especially on the weekend. If you need help finding plans, just consult...