This Monday will be day two of the seven-day celebration that is Charleston Beer Week. If you didn’t make it to any of the five events on Sunday, there are six hang-outs scheduled for Monday.
Much like every day of this festival, all of Monday’s events sound awesome, but I think the “Even More Local” gathering at Homegrown Brewhouse will be the best. As a Charlestonian how could you pass up the chance to sample so many local beers? Plus, there will be EIGHT collaboration beers released at the party. These will be rare and/or never before brewed drinks!
The “Sexual Chocolate, Bars and More!” event should please anyone who has a sweet tooth. Beer and chocolate pairings? Who wouldn’t like that!?
Here’s a look at the Monday’s schedule:
- 5 pm – Allagash Rare Beer Night – Oak Barrel Tavern
- Join the Allagash crew as they unleash a few rarities:
- Evora (first time shown in South Carolina!)
- Red Howes
- A pairing for each beer will also be available from Sushi Ninja
- 5 pm – “Even More Local” Seven-Beer Collaboration Release – Homegrown Brewhouse
- Homegrown Brewhouse are releasing eight different collaboration beers with seven different South Carolina breweries at this event.
- List of Collaborators:
- Freehouse Brewery
- Frothy Beard Brewing: Bearded Brute – Bière de Champagne brewed with Cannonborough Beverage Company, 13%+ ABV
- Holy City Brewing
- Revelry Brewing
- River Dog Brewing
- Thomas Creek Brewery
- Tradesman Brewing
- 6 pm – Charleston Beer – EVO Craft Bakery
- SOLD OUT
- 6 pm – Sexual Chocolate, Bars and More! w/ Sweeteeth & Foothills Brewing – The Brew Cellar
- Wes Gibson from Winston-Salem’s Foothills Brewing will be leading patrons through local Sweeteeth Chocolate pairings with an array of Foothills’ more sought-after beers!
- The beers include:
- Sexual Chocolate
- Pappy Van Winkle Barrel-Aged Stout
- Jade IPA
- Torch Pilsner
- 6:15 pm – Bendy Brewski Yoga – Palmetto Brewery
- 50 minutes of all-skill-level yoga, followed by 2 pints, paella, King of Pops, and a tour
- Event is limited to 40 tickets and will sell out
- Your ticket will also put your name in the raffle for awesome PRIZES
- Additional beer, popsicles, t-shirts and swag will be available for purchase at the event.
- If tickets do not sell out on-line, they will be available for purchase at the brewery the evening of the event for $28.
- 6:30 pm – East vs. West Beer Dinner – Craftsmen Kitchen & Tap House
- The Craftsmen crew is presenting a classic battle of East Coast vs. West Coast, but in beer dinner form. It’s Foothills vs. Coronado
- Four courses, eight beers, everybody wins.
- The menu is below, and beers will be served in a head-to-head format:
- Cured Salmon, Shishito Pepper, Watermelon 2 Ways with Coronado Orange Ave Wit vs. Foothills Torch Pilsnes
- Salt & Pepper Pork Belly, Pineapple Basmati Rice with Coronado Hibiscus IPA vs. FoothillsJade IPA
- Chile & Coffee Rubbed Beef Striploin, Roasted Mushroom Barley with Coronado Barrelmans Brown vs Foothills People’s Porter
- Danish Blue Cheese, Praline, Coffee Jam with Coronado Stupid Stout vs Foothills Bourbon Barrel-Aged Stout
- The IPA Room will feature Coronado’s Idiot IPA and Foothills Hoppyum as well.
- Tickets are $45, but tax and tip are not included in your ticket purchase. Contact Craftsmen for more details at (843) 577-9699!
To see the entire Charleston Beer Week schedule, click here.
Bistronomy by Nico to Host Sandhi Winery Pairing Lunch
For their October wine lunch, the team from Bistronomy by Nico will celebrate wine from California’s Sandhi Winery, a small...