- Stabbing suspect arrested on Isle of Palms, police say (ABC News 4).
- Coroner’s office IDs Mount Pleasant plane crash victims (ABC News 4).
- Sullivan’s Island: Don’t use water for outside purposes (ABC News).
- Dead firefighter’s mother questions allowing ‘junkyard’ next to Sofa Super Store memorial (Post & Courier).
Scott Shor of Edmund’s Oast reacts to Best New Restaurant nom from Bon Appetit (Charleston City Paper).
- Lokal is now open (Charleston Eater).
- Mellow Mushroom Franchise Celebrates 40th Anniversary with Throwback Prices (HCS).
- A profile of Chez Nous (Kinfolk).
- Quick Bite: High on the Hog (Charleston Magazine).
- Eleven Charleston Restaurants Rated Among the Top 100 in the South (HCS).
- Dee Norton Lowcountry Children’s Center Oyster Roast Fundraiser (HCS).
- Evolution vote left for another day (Post & Courier).
- Judge: ‘Stand your ground’ doesn’t apply in case (ABC News).
- Mount Pleasant vote won’t affect controversial Shem Creek building (Post & Courier).
- VA seeks veterans, family for town hall discussion (ABC News).
- Gov. Nikki Haley joins the Ice Bucket Challenge (Post & Courier).
- South Carolina’s Flag Raked # 1 by website (Super Compressor).
- Lake Street Dive Plunges into the Charleston Music Hall (HCS).
- Marcus Amaker Mixes it Up on ‘The New Foundation’ (Metronome Charleston).
- Charleston Battery has quick turnaround against Rochester Rhinos (Post & Courier).
- High School Notes: Bishop England coach likes changes to Class AA football playoffs (Post & Courier).
- Citadel offensive line ‘starting to steady itself,’ coach Mike Houston says (Post & Courier).
- Host your Fantasy Football Draft Parties at King Street Grille, which includes the following FREE (InTown).
- Gamecocks’ A’ja Wilson sees ‘furious’ side of Dawn Staley while playing for Team USA (Post & Courier).
- CCSD officials mark start of new school year (ABC News 4).
- Over 350 new teachers hired (Live 5 News).
- College of Charleston student apartments fetch $69 million (Post & Courier).
- News 2 investigates Charleston County School District school bus driver (News 2).
- State education officials mired in details of writing new standards (Post & Courier).
- Patriots Point redefining fifth-grade education (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Report shows domestic dispute sparked chase, barricade incident (ABC News 4).
- College of Charleston takes new drone on its maiden voyage (Live 5 News).
- CWS: Leak in pipe connecting fire hydrant led to Wappoo Road flooding (Live 5 News).
- Four arrested on drug charges after search of Charleston house (Post & Courier).
- Troopers: Berkeley County sheriff’s deputy in wreck with family of 5 (Post & Courier).
- $400,000 to the Carolinas to gauge offshore sand (ABC News).
- City not so far from being Lake Charleston (Post & Courier).
- 800 new homes coming to Cane Bay Plantation in Berkeley County (Live 5 News).
- DHEC: Fox exposes 4 in Berkeley County to rabies (ABC News).
- South Carolina reduces limits for deer hunting season (Live 5 News).
- Knoxville veteran trying to bring USS Clamagore to East Tennessee (News 2).
- Police: SC boy throws boiling water on another boy (ABC News).
- SC mother arrested for using F-word in North Augusta grocery store (News 2).
- Body found at Bulow Boat Landing was 28-year-old man (Post & Courier).
- Hilton Head Man kills rabid raccoon after attack (ABC News).
2022 World Cup Watch Parties in Charleston
The FIFA World Cup, one of the globe’s biggest sporting events, is now underway in Qatar and many Charlestonians may...