- Verdict Looms for Education in ‘Corridor of Shame’ (Al Jazeera America).
Scientists to begin exposing the “real” Hunley (Post & Courier).
- Wife says husband suffered fractured skull after being sucker punched on King Street (Live 5 News).
Man ‘lucky to be alive’ family says (Post & Courier).
- Sewage water seeps into North Charleston homes (News 2).
- “X Marks the Spot” for FREE Wine + Food Festival Tickets (HCS).
- The New Encyclopedia of Southern Food (Garden & Gun).
- Status Update: Americano restaurant hoping for an Oct. 1 opening (Charleston City Paper).
- Beer + Cold Air: Palmetto Brewing Co. Reopens Today (Eater Charleston).
- Grape Stomping Festival is Back for Year 11 (HCS).
- Watermelon Brandy and Pickles (Post & Courier).
- New Restaurants on the Block (Garden & Gun).
- ‘Hummus With a Hummus Flavor’ at New Priya Lounge? (Eater Charleston).
- Stellar ceviche on menu at 167 Raw (Post & Courier).
- Neighbors frustrated by Crosstown flooding (Live 5 News).
- DOT set to discuss the study of dangerous Crosstown crosswalk (Live 5 News).
- PICS: Mt. Pleasant family doing ice bucket challenge interrupted by gator with soccer ball (Live 5 News).
Who’s flying mysterious aircraft over Mt. Pleasant and Daniel Island? (Charleston City Paper).
Charleston County government owns a drone. Here’s what it looks like (Charleston City Paper).
- Man arrested for falsely reporting a missing mountain lion (The State).
- Chester County deputies find cockfighting operation during marijuana bust (Post & Courier).
- Education to be big issue in SC governor’s race (News 2).
- Sheheen campaign hits Gov. Haley on silence around DSS issue (Post & Courier).
Reality star brings ‘Southern Charm’ to DC (The Hill).
- Shem Creek group lobbies to keep tall buildings away (ABC News 4).
- Graham to Obama: Be honest about threat (Politico).
- Beaufort County voters to weigh land preservation (ABC News 4).
- Independent challenger to Tim Scott fails to get on the ballot (Post & Courier).
- What’s your favorite Robin Williams movie? (HCS).
- 25 Photos Of Charleston That Will Make You Want To Move There (Movoto).
- Dog Days of Summer Photo Contest Benefits Charleston Animal Society (HCS).
- “The Rhythm & Blues Is Alright” with The Temptations Review at the PAC (HCS).
- Highway Patrol hits a home run for Special Olympics (ABC News 4).
- Battle of the Bats, plus a dunk tank (News 2).
- Cullen Harper, the last Clemson QB to beat South Carolina, wants to fix your teeth (Post & Courier).
- Clemson’s Stoudt says bruised knee is fine (News 2).
- Spurrier confident Gamecocks will continue success (ABC News 4).
- Charleston Battery captain Colin Falvey set to return to lineup (Post & Courier).
- Coach Rivera: Panthers have found answers at wide receiver (Post & Courier).
- Avelino’s three-run blast propels RiverDogs past Hickory, 5-2 (Post & Courier).
- Food Drive at the Joe TONIGHT and 8/26 (HCS).
- Bee enthusiasts rally behind hives in Charleston County schools (Post & Courier).
- S.C. Education Department out of the loop in writing of new evolution standard (Post & Courier).
- Eugene Sires Elementary falls behind schedule (The Summerville Journal Scene).
- Lawsuit filed Tuesday challenges constitutionality of Colleton schools map (ABC News 4).
- Charleston software firm Benefitfocus reports higher sales, wider loss for 2Q (Post & Courier).
- Charleston airport board chairman reverses employee’s promotion (Post & Courier).
- Zubie secures additional $8M in funding for connected-car technology (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- S.C. nuclear plant expansion a year behind schedule, SCE&G says (Post & Courier).
- New Summerville community planned for Cane Bay will hold 800 homes (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Officials: Robin Williams apparently hanged himself with a belt (CNN).
- Depression: How to talk to loved ones about it (Live 5 News).
- Pilot shuts down troubled 787 engine in-flight (Charleston Regional Business Journal)
- Police: Gunshot victim found in car has died (ABC News 4).
- Elderly woman hides in bathroom as burglar fires 2 shots (ABC News 4).
- Anderson County deputy shoots, wounds man (News 2).
- New charges in jailed SC Ponzi leader’s case (ABC News 4).
- Berkeley County deputy critical after wreck (ABC News 4).
- Ravenel murder suspect captured in Georgia to face bond judge in Charleston (Live 5 News).
- Police find meth lab along with fugitive at Walterboro hotel (Live 5 News).
- Charleston County pulls out of Regional Development Alliance (Post & Courier).
Wine Down Wednesday Returns to Old Towne Creek County Park Next Month
Charleston County Parks announced that the next installment of their Wine Down Wednesday series will return to Old Towne Creek...