- U.S. official: Malaysia Airlines plane shot down (CNN).
- Israel launches ground operation in Gaza; Hamas says Israel to ‘pay a heavy price’ (CNN).
TOP LOCAL STORIES
- Case file released in Curnell death investigation (ABC News 4).
- Mayor Riley emphasizes livability during forum on midnight bar ordinance (Live 5 News).
- Child locked in car prompts passerby to call police in Mount Pleasant (Live 5 News).
Uber Ice Cream will deliver frozen treats to Charleston on Friday (Charleston City Paper).
A chat with “Drunk History” creator Derek Waters inside a van outside The Royal American (Charleston City Paper).
- Andolini’s Pizza in North Charleston aims to reopen Friday following report of heavy smoke (Post & Courier).
- Collective Coffee Co. Heading to George Street? (Charleston City Paper).
- Two local grillers on Travel Channel this month (Post & Courier).
- Guy Pours Holy City Beer Using His Forehead (eBaum’s World).
- Stars Offering Saturday Brunch Discounts to F&B Employees (HCS).
- Rumors swirl of undocumented immigrants arriving in South Carolina (Post & Courier).
- Feds assure Haley no undocumented minors are being held in S.C. (Post & Courier).
- Thomas Ravenel Targeted By Fake Associated Press Wire (FITS News).
- Vincent Sheheen, Nikki Haley campaign spar over small business (Post & Courier).
- Ravenel: Graham Must Stand Against Domestic Spying (FITS News).
- Florida Sen. Marco Rubio to boost SC Republicans (ABC News 4).
- Pro-Nikki Haley group reports $7,000 cash on hand (Post & Courier).
- Bridge Run design judges bypass ‘People’s Choice’ (Post & Courier).
- Film Examines Charleston’s Agricultural Community (HCS).
- Charleston Southern extends Lake’s contract (ABC News 4).
- Ray LaMontagne & Jenny Lewis North Charleston Setlists (HCS).
- Local band Old You are on a bit a hiatus as lead singer/guitarist Young-Mi Feldsott is expecting a baby (Facebook).
- Charleston RiverDogs will destroy music of Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus in Disco Demolition Night redux (Washington Post).
- Ashley Hall’s Helen Cribb, Laurence Manning’s William Wannamaker win SCISA’s Simpson awards (Post & Courier).
- The Summer of Electro-Funk Duo Stereo Reform (HCS).
- Summer bowling program keeps kids active, saves parents cash (Live 5 News).
- Bengals DL Montgomery’s SC speeding ticket dropped (News 2).
- At home with the Houstons (ABC News 4).
- MUSC chaplain from Mount Pleasant arrested after allegations of sexual abuse (Post & Courier).
- Currently “on leave” (Live 5 News).
How one officer’s aggression led to the death of 19-year-old Denzel Curnell (Charleston City Paper).
- Less sunshine for South Carolina’s governments (Post & Courier).
- Stop Killing rally set for Friday in North Charleston (Post & Courier).
- Turtle trafficker pleads guilty; officials fear what black market could do to population (Post & Courier).
- Team to examine Charleston County 911 public safety standards (News 2).
- Clemson architectural center another old library mistake (Post & Courier).
- Costly modern fixation: Salary envy (Post & Courier).
- VA to roll out national electronic work cue: will help claims backlog (News 2).
- Georgetown ‘beach sweep’ nets 21 arrests in 36 hours (ABC News 4).
- New program helps low-income and uninsured living east of the Cooper River (News 2).
- Search warrants at Bridgeview lead to 2 arrests (ABC News 4).
- 87 year old WWII vet fined for catching dolphin in net (News 2).
- Chimney focus of World War II-era fight (ABC News 4).
- $5.6 Million in Grants given to 12 States for Conservation Projects (News 2).
- Allman movie: Filmmakers speak out on train crash (Post & Courier).
- Risk of earthquake increased for about half of US (ABC News 4).
- Lack of riders prompts CARTA to pull NASH bus from service (Post & Courier).
- Shipwreck’s gold inventory released (ABC News 4).
- Hypnotherapy an unconscious way to change minds (ABC News 4).
- Walmart planning new supermarket for Goose Creek (Live 5 News).
- NCPD: 2 arrested for meth, counterfeit money (ABC News 4).
- SLIDESHOW: Live 5’s Most Wanted Deadbeat Parents (Live 5 News).
- Scam ‘preying on senior citizens,’ says man (ABC News 4).
- ‘Johnny Suzuki’ will not serve prison time for car dealership scheme (Post & Courier).
- SLIDESHOW: Charleston residents show love for their pit bulls (Live 5 News).
- Driver airlifted after early-morning Awendaw crash (Live 5 News).
- Casino ship still stuck in waters off Ga., SC (ABC News 4).
- Regulators to discuss Oconee Nuclear Station crack (Post & Courier).
Global Women’s Bartending Competition that Raises Money for Breast Cancer Awareness Coming to Charleston Wine + Food
Speed Rack, the global, all-womxn+ bartending competition that raises money for the fight against breast cancer, is making its Holy...