Commune Dining Series Debuts on July 17th
Commune., a new community dinner series featuring some of Charleston’s best chefs, will make its debut on Thursday, July 17th. There are already six total events scheduled over the next five months at different locations.
According to the official website, Commune. will provide “an inside look at a local roastery, brewery, farm, and fishing dock, highlighting how close Chefs and members of our community work together to passionately create something unique.”
The upcoming schedule is as follows (all events start at 6:30 pm):
- July 17th: Cup Coffee with Chefs Cory Burke (Roti Rolls/The Green Door) and Alex Lira (The Lot)
- August 20th: Westbrook Brewing Company with Jacques Larson (The Obstinate Daughter/WIld Olive) and Daniel Heinze (McCrady’s)
- September 18th: Sol Legare with BJ Dennis (personal chef) and John Amato (The Park Cafe)
- October 16th: Abundant Seafood with Lauren Mitterer (Wildflour Pastry) and Michelle Weaver (Charleston Grill)
- November 13th: Dirthugger Farms with Bob Cook (Cypress), Italo Marino (Closed Four Business/Monza), Leila Schardt (Closed Four Business/Monza)
- December 11th: Palmetto Brewery with Kevin Johnson (The Grocery) and Jason Stanhope (FIG)
Admission starts at $75 and includes a tour, meet and greets, and a four-course meal with alcohol pairings. VIP ticket options are available and include a private personalized tour, a Commune. t-shirt, a signed poster, and shuttle transportation. Proceeds from each event will benefit a local charity of the Chefs’ choice.
Tickets for Thursday’s event may be purchased here. Tickets for the other events can be purchased on Commune’s official webpage.
Volvo Cars will Host “The Volvo Experience,” An Immersive Career Fair
Volvo Cars will host “The Volvo Experience,” an immersive career fair at the Orangeburg County Conference Center on Wednesday, April...