Charleston Social Media Day Recap
The first Charleston Social Media day is in the books! Bloggers, Tweeters, media, radio hosts, reality TV stars, rockers, a person in a bulldog costume, and even Congressman Mark Sanford mingled and celebrated the occasion last night at The Alley.
The large crowd was treated to music from Tyler Boone, an awards ceremony, discounted food and drinks from the venue, social media trivia, and LOTS of giveaways. Many people left with either awards, gifts, or both. The Social Media Day party was also a great opportunity to meet other people and network.
Here’s a look at last night’s award winners:
- Best Parody Account – Sleepy Mayor Joe
- Most Viral Moment – Jim Cantore Knees College Student – Colin Marcelli
- Most Inspiring – Charleston Area CVB’s Travel Council
- Most Dependable – Holy City Sinner (hey! That’s me!)
- Best Breaking News – Andy Paras
- Most Spirited Award – Sweet Lulu’s Bakery on Wheels
- Life of the Party – Shep Rose
- Best Person to Wake Up With – John Rector
- Selfie with a Charleston Celebrity – The Preservation Society
- Foodie Pic – Jai Jones
- Queen of the Overshare – Rachel (@kooner923)
- King of Overshare – Chandler (@JustHaveaSeat)
- Class Clown – Jeremy McClellan
- Best Southern Charm Commentary – Brandt (@Charlestonion)
- Most Likely to Succeed – Jeni’s Ice Cream
- Most Creative Use of the Hashtag #chsyou – @ShrimpNGritsCHS
- Most Attractive Instagram – Charleston Shop Curator
You can see more photos from the event below.
Charleston Weekend Events
There’s ALWAYS something to do in Charleston – especially on the weekend. If you need help finding plans, just consult...