- Weekend Events, Parties, & Plans (HCS).
NAACP prez Dot Scott confident officer shot Denzel Curnell (Charleston City Paper).
- Emergency crews responding to reported water rescue in Ravenel (Live 5 News).
- Solicitor: Suspect confessed to fatal King Street punch (ABC News 4).
- Charleston longshoremen’s union leadership says strike threat overblown (Post & Courier).
- Rice, Ducks, and the Story of the Lowcountry (Garden & Gun).
- Charleston’s Most Romantic Restaurants: Southern Charm, Fresh Food, Elegant Settings (USA Today).
Local photographer to open Westside Deli at corner of President and Fishburne streets (Charleston City Paper).
- Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit is Making Progress (Eater Charleston).
- Drinks in a GIF: Proof that a gin and tonic is exactly what you need right now (Charleston City Paper).
- Husk Back on Wine Enthusiast’s Best Wine Restaurants List (HCS).
- Free food at CO for Instagram users (Post & Courier).
- Bittermilk Ready to Debut Mixer No. 4 (HCS).
- Sen. Tim Scott calls for VA answers directly from hospitals (Post & Courier).
- Latta Town Hall sealed off as part of investigation (News 2).
Former SC police chief on firing (MSNBC Video).
- S.C. town’s vote clears way for fired lesbian police chief to return (LA Times).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Representative Wendell Gilliard (HCS).
- 99 Words About … The sweaty silliness of CBS’ ‘Reckless’ (Las Vegas Review Journal).
‘Reckless,’ TV review (New York Daily News).
- Sultry Afternoon Treats and Steamy Nightlife in Charleston, South Carolina (Sharp Heels).
- World Cup fever a boon for Charleston Battery (Post & Courier).
- College of Charleston baseball ends season nationally-ranked (Post & CourieR).
- The Citadel looking for cheerleaders for football games (Live 5 News).
- For the 2nd year in a row, the North Charleston Coliseum & Performing Arts Center won the SMG 2014 Best Event Promotion Award.
Columbia, S.C. gang violence documentary will premiere at Manhattan Film Festival (Charleston City Paper).
- 4th of July Weekend Kickoff Party Scheduled for July 3rd (HCS).
- Search opens for new Citadel AD (News 2).
- Connor Shaw on new Cleveland Browns teammate Johnny Manziel: ‘He’s actually a good guy’ (Post & Courier).
- Lectra Lust emerges on the local scene with fun props and cerebral synth pop (Charleston City Paper).
- Girls Ready To Rock Charleston on July 19th (HCS).
Former Charlestonian artist pairs up to create stop-motion videos inspired by soccer (Charleston City Paper).
- South Carolina finishes ahead of Clemson in Learfield Sports Director’s Cup standings (Post & Courier).
- Charleston area civil rights leaders join Al Sharpton’s group (Post & Courier).
- CFD Deputy Chief Finley retires after 33 years (ABC News 4).
- Charleston County updates comprehensive plan as city grows in demand (Live 5 News).
- CAS investigate dog shooting, offers $2500 reward (ABC News 4).
- Sheriff: Murder, chase connected, case closed (Live 5 News).
- Judge tells man ordered out of state he can return to SC (ABC News 4).
- Cannon dating as early as 1600s on display at Fort Moultrie (ABC News 4).
- CAUGHT ON CAM: Man drags 4-foot shark into water (Live 5 News).
- Ex-SC State trustee’s corruption trial ending (ABC News 4).
- Deputies working separate case approached by robbery victim covered in blood (Live 5 News).
- DNR: North Inlet fish kill result of oxygen levels (ABC News 4).
- Avoiding the rush – and the Legislature – to create the University of Charleston (Post & Courier).
- Charleston County spreading word about mosquitoes (News 2).
Vineyard Vines retail location set to open on King in Fall 2014 (Charleston City Paper).
- Lifeguards showcase life-saving skills in competition (ABC News 4).
- Dog park owner blames Charleston Co. officials for having to shut his doors (News 2).
- Columbia firefighters resuscitate cat found during house fire (Live 5 News).
- Hanahan license plate cameras renew privacy-safety debate (ABC News 4).
- Verizon partners with SC Works for job fair (ABC News 4).
- Moncks Corner man arrested on cocaine charges (ABC News 4).
The Charleston Place Announces 2023 Valentine’s Day Offerings
The Charleston Place today announced its 2023 Valentine’s Day programming. From a Galentine’s Sip and Shop in the courtyard to...