- Lowcountry preparing to honor Charleston 9 on 7th anniversary of fatal fire (Live 5 News).
University of Charleston, Clemson Enterprise Act bill dies (Post & Courier).
- Rescue crews recover body from Charleston County creek (Live 5 News).
- Summerville High grad Andrea West: Who is a ‘Jeopardy’ champ? (Post & Courier).
- Cops wearing cameras: Here’s what you need to know (Charleston City Paper).
- Lexington County Sheriff James Metts indicted by feds (Live 5 News).
- Prosecutor: Columbia mayor played role in money-making schemes (The State).
- McConnell resignation postponed as state senate adjourns before electing successor (Live 5 News).
- McGill says he’s willing to be lieutenant governor (ABC News 4).
- Wait, John McCain and Lindsey Graham are at odds? Yes — on Iran and Iraq (Washington Post).
- S.C. Gov. Nikki Haley: Charleston port expansion essential to job creation; 7,000 jobs announced Monday (Post & Courier).
- Petition candidate Tom Ervin challenges Gov. Haley, Democrat Sheheen to debate (Post & Courier).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Elizabeth Moffly (HCS).
- Atwater won’t debate again before GOP primary (Island Packet).
- Want to hear a really awkward interview with a politician? (Washington Post).
- Patrons making noise about loud dining rooms; restaurant owners struggle to quiet them (Post & Courier).
- Leon’s Fried Chicken: Better Than Granny’s? (The Local Palate).
- The Myth of Serial Entrepreneurship (features High Wire Distilling) [The New York Times].
A grapefruit partnership for The Juice Joint & Freehouse Brewery (Charleston City Paper).
- Find fried chicken sandwiches at Boxcar Betty’s and ambiance that’s a cut above (Post & Courier).
- Randi Weinstein Joins the Butcher & Bee Team (Eater Charleston).
- The Charleston Battery’s Colin Falvey was named to the USL Team of the Week (USL Soccer).
- College of Charleston soccer team tours Brazil, experiences buildup to World Cup (Post & Courier).
- Connor Shaw to Host Football Game in Charleston (HCS).
- Eight-Game Homestand Begins on National Television (Charleston RiverDogs).
- Charleston RiverDogs outfielder Dustin Fowler received the South Atlantic League Player of the Week Award for games played June 9 – June 15.
Charleston as seen through CBS’ “Reckless” previews (Charleston City Paper).
- Former Crisis Ministries CFO pleads guilty (ABC News 4).
- DIG South Announces Opening of Silicon Harbor Welcome Center (HCS).
- Charleston Police Department working with area churches for Sweat Suit Sunday, which provides clothing to victims of domestic violence and sexual assaults (Facebook).
- Senator: Two Charleston Co. Aviation Authority board members to be replaced (Live 5 News).
- Pharmaceutical company locating in Charleston (ABC News 4).
- Googlefest introduces new teaching methods to Lowcountry classrooms (Live 5 News).
- Maersk, rivals end plan to form shipping alliance as China objects (Post & Courier).
- Salute From The Shore Returns This Independence Day (The Digitel).
- Blackbaud acquires New Hampshire software company (ABC News 4).
- Charleston Police need your help locating an individual who robbed the Rite Aid Pharmacy at 325 Folly Rd (Facebook).
- Discrimination suit filed against CCSD by former Baptist Hill teacher (ABC News 4).
- SC teen made to remove makeup to get license photo at DMV (Live 5 News).
- Michael Flynn’s Debut Set for July Release on Hearts & Plugs (HCS).
- More than 14,000 ottomans recalled for fall hazard (ABC News 4).
- Report: Police arrest woman after finding victim bound and bleeding (ABC News 4).
- 3-day crackdown on speeders, reckless drivers begins on I-95 (Live 5 News).
- Indie Film Comes “Home” for Two Screenings (HCS).
- Charleston Police Department Forensic Services Receives International Accreditation (Facebook).
- Jake Owen To Perform at the Coliseum on Sept. 5th (HCS).
- Batcopter in Dorchester County Slideshow (Live 5 News).
- Road crews shifting traffic in Bees Ferry Road widening project (Live 5 News).
- SCHP investigating wreck involving ambulance (ABC News 4).
Darius Rucker’s Riverfront Revival Returns to North Charleston in October
Three-time GRAMMY Award-winner Darius Rucker and SRE Entertainment today announced the return of the Riverfront Revival music festival to North...