Watch the World Cup at the Alley with the Charleston Battery
If you can’t make it to Brazil for this year’s World Cup, watching each game at The Alley may be your best bet. Not only will the sports bar be showing the World Cup on their large TVs, but they will also be the official viewing venue of the Charleston Battery.
From June 4th through July 13th, The Alley will celebrate the World Cup with unique events and the chance to interact with members of the local soccer team.
Here’s a look at the schedule:
- Wednesday, June 4th at 7 pm
- There will be a viewing of John Wilson’s TEDxCharleston video followed by a short speech and question and answer session with Wilson himself.
- World Cup Players’ cards will be distributed. These can be redeemed for a food/beverage specials during any of the World Cup games.
- Pop-culture trivia with a some soccer-themed questions.
- Thursday, June 12 at 4 pm
- World Cup begins
- Monday, June 16 at 7pm
- World Cup Launch Party
- U.S. plays Ghana
- Players from the Battery will be guest bartending.
- After the game guests can challenge Battery players to a FIFA Soccer video game match or to a game on The Alley’s newly installed Foosball table.
- Sunday, July 13
- Championship Party
- Guests can enter a free bet on who they think will win the game. If you pick the right team, you will receive a pair of free Charleston Battery tickets and Alley Bucks, which can be used on your next visit.
All events are free and open to the public.
Events41 mins ago
North Charleston’s First Cat Café is Now Open
Catnip & Coffee, North Charleston’s first cat café, has opened at 3414 Rivers Avenue. The business originally planned to open...
Events14 hours ago
Mercantile & Mash Hosting Easter Bunny Cake-Making Class on April 7th
Events14 hours ago
Be a Part of Charleston Stage’s 45th Anniversary Celebration on April 19th
Events15 hours ago
Carlos Dunlap Foundation to Host “Carlos Cares Clothing Giveaway” on Saturday
Events18 hours ago
Spirited Brunch Returns to Downtown Charleston on April 23rd
Charity18 hours ago
The Annual Rotary Club Charity Duck Race Returns to Daniel Island on May 6th
Events19 hours ago
Hanahan Library Hosting Spanish Storytime in April