“InstrumentHead” is a surrealist portrait series that captures musicians like Bootsy Collins (right), Scott Avett, and Derek Trucks without showing their faces. Instead, their instrument becomes the star by covering the performer’s head.
Of his exhibit, Weintrob says: “Whether an individual is famous or an almost complete unknown, whether they play saxophone or sitar, the one thing they have in common is that music is central to everything they do. I decided to place their instruments in front of their faces in an attempt to blur the boundaries between each individual personality and the tools of their trade.”
Tonight’s opening celebration will include live performances by Dom Flemons, formerly of the Carolina Chocolate Drops, and blues keyboardist Ironing Board Sam. Music starts at 7 pm on the outdoor patio stage.
After the opening reception, the normal gallery hours will be 11 am – 2 am daily. There will be plenty of live entertainment throughout the exhibit’s run. You can see the schedule below.
To purchase prints or view more InstrumentHead images, visit Weintrob’s official website.
- Sat, 5/31 – Secret Identity Party featuring HubCap Annie, Mechanical River, & Billie Fountain, 6 pm – close
- Sun, 6/1 – The Royal Tinfoil, 6 pm – 9 pm
- Mon, 6/2 – Singer/Songwriter Open Mic Night, 7-11 pm
- Tues, 6/3 – Andrew Zapp, 8 – 9pm; Jazz Jam, 9 -11 pm
- Wed, 6/4 – Comedy Night, 9 – 11 pm
- Thurs, 6/5 – The Great Yankee & Redcoat Run, 8 -11 pm
- Fri, 6/6 – The Dumb Doctors, 8 – 11 pm
- Sat, 6/7 – The Reckoning (Grateful Dead Tribute Band), 8 – 11pm
- Sun, 6/8 – Joel Timmons & Friends, 6 – 11pm
Alabama’s 50th Anniversary Tour Coming to the North Charleston Coliseum
Multi-platinum selling country rock group Alabama announced they will be bringing their “50th Anniversary Tour” to the North Charleston Coliseum...
Gaillard Center Announces L.O.L. Surprise! Live
Mitchell Hill Celebrates Photography By Tyler Hill with the Opening of “More Together Than Alone”
Charleston Beer Week Set to Return in October
“Whose Line Is It Anyway?” Stars to Perform at the Music Hall
Party at the Point Returns Next Month
Johns Island County Park Concert Series to Features Motown Tunes from The Legacy
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Events4 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview3 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Food1 week ago
Smoky Oak Taproom Closing After 13 Years on James Island
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks