Police in Myrtle Beach responded to multiple shootings on Saturday and Sunday nights. The violence left three people dead and seven wounded. The deceased were all from the Lowcountry – 2 were Summerville residents, the other from Ladson.
Here’s everything you need to know:
- The first shooting happened around 9:30 pm at Sixth Avenue South.
- One man was injured
- The second incident took place around 11 pm at the Bermuda Sands Motel.
- This location is about 7 blocks away from where the first shooting took place.
- This is the incident that left three dead.
- The deceased are: Sandy Geddis Barnwell (22, Summerville), Devonte Dantzler (21, Summerville), and Jamie Williams (28, Ladson).
- It appears the shootings happened after a fight broke out in front of the motel. Three shots were fired, injuring one.
- While police were providing medical attention to the victim, shots were fired from the second floor of the motel.
- No arrests have been made.
- According to CNN, another shooting occurred nearby and resulted in a woman being shot in the chin and a man shot in the shoulder.
- On Sunday, another shooting took place around 10:30 pm at the Wave Rider Resort.
- This incident left two injured
- The events took place during the annual Atlantic Beach BikeFest.
The Post & Courier has found two “unedited, unconfirmed” videos on YouTube that appear to show the events surrounding the fatal shootings. Both videos are below, but do contain graphic content.
- Three killed, five wounded in Myrtle Beach shootings (CNN).
- 1 Ladson, 2 Summerville residents die in shooting at Myrtle Beach hotel (Post & Courier).
- Bermuda Sands Motel Shooting Leaves At Least 3 Dead (Huffington Post).
- Shooting at Wave Rider Resort on Ocean Boulevard injures two in Myrtle Beach Sunday (The State).
Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/05/25/3467897/police-investigating-shooting.html?sp=/99/205/&ihp=1#storylink=cpy
- Photo Gallery (Post & Courier).
- Shootings in Myrtle Beach leave three dead, two wounded (CBS News).
- Myrtle Beach deaths: Fighting, gunshots heard on Youtube video (Post & Courier).
- Instagram video captures chaos of deadly Myrtle Beach shootings (WTVR).
Palmetto Carriage Works Announces 11th Annual “Locals Ride Free Day”
Press Release On Sunday, January 23rd, Palmetto Carriage Works will host its 11th annual “Locals Ride Free Day” after pausing...