Rumors & Notes
Rumors & Notes: 4/26 – 4/27/14
- Pilot found in field near Sumter Airport after missing for hours (Live 5 News).
Charleston man sues sheriff’s office, Folly police, former deputy and officer, alleging excessive force (Post & Courier).
‘Post-college towns’ brim with youth, jobs (USA Today).
- Folly Beach killer Richard Valenti up for parole; victims’ families again vow to fight release (Post & Courier).
- Jestine’s Sweet Shop damaged in blaze (Post & Courier).
Charleston Food Film Festival, Night 1 (Queen of the Food Age).
- Avondale’s new garden lets neighbors cultivate community (ABC News 4).
- Mira Winery expands underwater aging across US (ABC News 4).
- Come for the Facebook spat, stay for the child welfare story (Columbia Journalism Review).
Thank You, Bullies of the S.C. Legislature (Inside Higher Ed).
- In defense of defense attorneys who run for office (Post & Courier).
- chART festival showcases West Ashley art community (ABC News 4).
- Annual Blessing of the Fleet connects shrimpers, community (Post & Courier).
- Bed race benefits Camp Happy Days (ABC News 4).
Behind-the-Scenes ‘Southern Charm’ Cast Reunion Photos Are Too Happy to Be Real (Bustle).
‘Southern Charm’ Star Thomas Ravenel Believes The Show Will Get A Season 2, Says Marriage To Kathryn Dennis is a Possibility (Fashion & Style).
- Fast cars, cold beer, friendly folks … and cold beer / Life on the infield at Darlington Raceway (Post & Courier).
- Battery drops 1-0 decision to Rochester Rhinos (Post & Courier).
- “Walk Off Weekend” Carries Charleston To Series Sweep (CofC Sports).
- Charleston Tennis Center’s Playrights claim USTA league tennis’ women’s 55 national 7.0 championship (Post & Courier).
- Charleston man missing after reportedly jumping from cruise ship (Post & Courier).
- Police investigating North Charleston shooting (Live 5 News).
Hundreds celebrate at Earth Day Festival in North Charleston (Post & Courier).
- State Highway Patrol trainee shoots girlfriend, turns gun on himself (News 2).
- Shem Creek shrimp boat Lady Eva sunk off Charleston (Post & Courier).
- Coast Guard: No missing kite boarder, owner claims discovered board (Live 5 News).
- University of Charleston bill faces deadline hurdle (Post & Courier).
- Crews responding to structure fire in Mount Pleasant (Live 5 News).
- Cancer survivors rally at Susan G. Komen Lowcountry chapter’s 2014 celebration (Post & Courier).
- Proposed cuts over books face opposition in Senate (ABC News).
- Multiple agencies investigating Dorchester County shooting (Live 5 News).
- North Carolina Christian school student accidentally stabbed with prop during school play (Post & Courier).
- Horry County grocery store manager shot and killed during robbery, authorities say (Post & Courier).
- Orangeburg traffic stop ends with drug arrest (ABC News 4).
- Housing advocacy group takes on statewide initiative (Post & Courier).
Drug take back (News 2).
- Father and 2 young sons are lost in Congaree National Park (Post & Courier).
- Family of four without home after fire destroys house on Sol Legare Road on James Island (Post & Courier).
- Bond set for bank robbery suspect (Live 5 News).
Art9 mins ago
Grand Bohemian Gallery to Host “Adrift,” a Dual Exhibition by Jorge Lastra & Linda Sperruzzi
The Grand Bohemian Gallery Charleston will showcase the latest works by sculptor Jorge Lastra and painter Linda Sperruzzi in a...
Events17 hours ago
Up, Up and Away with the Summerville Orchestra at their Fourth Subscription Series Concert
Events23 hours ago
Koger Center for the Arts Hosts Free Outdoor Music Festival
Events24 hours ago
EO Charleston and EO Charlotte Launch Program to Accelerate Local Entrepreneurial Growth
Events2 days ago
Darius Rucker’s Riverfront Revival Announces 2023 Lineup
Events2 days ago
10th Annual Dream Girls Conference Scheduled for March 25th
Events2 days ago
College of Charleston MBA Program Announces New Partnership with Lowcountry Local First