- Google Data Center evacuated (ABC News 4).
- VA: Man will get warning instead of $525 citation for $.89 drink refill (Live 5 News).
- MUSC board chooses David Cole as new president (ABC News 4).
- MUSC Board Chairman stands by new telephone ballot method (Post & Courier).
- Bank robbery reported in Summerville, officials say (Post & Courier).
- Haley swings at Senate friend, sparks Facebook spat over DSS chief (The State).
- SC Social Services director says she will not quit (Island Packet).
After reality TV makeover, Cork Bistro returns (Charleston City Paper).
- Five Loaves Cafe Plans to Open Summerville Location This Fall (Post & Courier).
- Luckhaus & Brubaker Unveils 50-Pound Easter Bunny (Post & Courier).
- Zero George an urban oasis of serenity and style (Charleston Scene).
RiverDogs, Palmetto Brewery Offer “The Original” RiverDogs Beer at The Joe (Charleston RiverDogs).
- Beer, grilled cheese and really clean clothes (CNN Money).
- Charleston in 5 Sips (Imbibe).
- More Chillie Bear Memories (Post & Courier).
- Where to Eat Brunch in Charleston (Eater Charleston).
- Ancestral Peanut Debuts at Old Village Post House Dinner (Post & Courier).
- Passover, Pizza Rustica and Charleston, SC (American FoodRoots Podcast).
What’s on tap for Piccolo? (Charleston City Paper).
A Good Friday service with alt-country hymns and a symphony concertmaster (Charleston City Paper).
Southern Charm recap: Guns, hogs, and the triumph of true love (Charleston City Paper).
Live Music: Mayday Parade; People’s Blues of Richmond; Aer; Shivering Timbers (Charleston City Paper).
- Citadel baseball hands No. 11 South Carolina fourth straight loss before record crowd (Post & Courier).
- Eddie Jones Nabs SoCon Field Athlete of the Week (The Citadel).
- Berkeley baseball gaining steam as playoffs near (Post & Courier).
- Stingrays’ Quick makes return to ice for playoffs (ABC News 4).
- Citadel Wrestling: 2014 NCAA Championship Highlight Video (The Citadel).
- Wando High School shoots for third straight boys’ lacrosse state title (Post & Courier).
- Historic, long-vacant Cigar Factory building in Charleston is sold (Post & Courier).
- Crews respond after car crashes into Gerald’s (Live 5 News).
- Audit uncovers misuse of purchase cards at VA (ABC News 4).
CofC Board of Trustees rejected presidential search committee’s recommendations (Charelston City Paper).
- Study: South Carolina near top among states in bike, pedestrian fatalities, but near bottom in spending (Post & Courier).
- DSS director testifies before panel investigating child deaths (News 2).
- Former Isle of Palms woman accused in 1994 kidnapping agrees to extradition from Australia (Post & Courier).
- SC teacher accused of sleeping with student, pleads guilty (News 2).
- Veterans volunteer at Patriots Point ahead of Vietnam 50th anniversary (ABC News 4).
- Study: Juvenile justice system fails to educate young detainees (Post & Courier).
- Correctional officer back to work after being punched by inmate (News 2).
The 8 coolest undergrad research projects at CofC right now (Charleston City Paper).
- Charleston police say man hit victim in the head with a gun, then fired a shot (Post & Courier).
- Rock Hill woman, days shy of age 103, still bowls 3 days a week (Herald Online).
- College of Charleston student EMS team lands national award (Post & Courier).
- Local woman hid dyslexia condition from teachers, parents (Live 5 News).Read more here: http://www.heraldonline.com/2014/04/16/5876904/rock-hill-woman-days-shy-of-103.html#storylink=cpy
This Week in #CHS Tweets (Charleston Grit).
- Aerial food fight Photo Gallery (Post & Courier).
- Murder suspect punched Berkeley County detention officer, authorities say (Post & Courier).
- Helicopter searching for clues in the murder of Aynor mother (News 2).
- 3 inmates accused of complicated Georgetown bank robbery plot (ABC News 4).
- Company seeks local site for Bitcoin ATM (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Beaufort deputies: Missing woman found dead, suicide suspected (ABC News 4).
- Homes underwater in S.C. come in below national average (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Council considers diverting money away from Maybank project for Folly Road (ABC News 4).
- BoomTown creates scholarship for Iron Yard student (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Air Force leader to give 2014 commencement speech at the Citadel (Post & Courier).
- The Citadel hosting conference for business leaders (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
Spoleto Announces Full 2023 Program
Spoleto Festival USA today announced programming for the 47th season of America’s premier performing arts festival, taking place from May...