The Charleston RiverDogs always seem to make headlines with their kooky stadium concession stand creations and this year is no exception. While the club’s beer shakes were the talk of the minor leagues last year, a food offering will probably be the most popular menu item.
The Sushi Dog is the franchise’s latest culinary headline-grabber. It’s a hot dog wrapped in a Nori sheet with a wasabi, sweet and spicy mustard and a cilantro/cabbage mixture.
John Schumacher, the organization’s “food guru,” and his team have also added the following to The Joe’s culinary lineup:
- A new in-house smoker will yield smoked brisket, sirloin, smoked frog legs, and daily specials.
- New Spiked Beer Shakes – a Guinness Kahlua Shake and a Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan Beer paired with Anderson Valley Oatmeal Stout Raisin Cookie Shake.
- A new Turkey Burger and a Carrot Dog (herb and honey-roasted carrot served on a bun with a drizzle of Siracha honey and a cilantro-cabbage slaw)
- The Wine Garden will be changed into the Sangria Garden featuring a variety of flavors
- Palmetto Brewery has created a new RiverDogs brew called the “Original RiverDog,” which will also be available for purchase
For more information, visit the team’s official website.
Global Women’s Bartending Competition that Raises Money for Breast Cancer Awareness Coming to Charleston Wine + Food
Speed Rack, the global, all-womxn+ bartending competition that raises money for the fight against breast cancer, is making its Holy...