A number of CARTA routes will be impacted by this weekend’s Bridge Run. Full information can be found at www.ridecarta.com. Below is an overview.
CARTA NASH Route 4 Services
· NASH Express Rt. 4 will be running normal route service and will be available and accessible for Bridge Runners to travel from Downtown Charleston (Visitor Center Bus Shed) near Ann St. to the Expo in North Charleston to pick up race packets.
· Bridge Runners will be able to ride for free – a volunteer will be on Ann St. with further instructions until 8 p.m. today.
· Service will pick up about every 30 minutes.
· Last inbound (into downtown) trip is at 11:10 p.m.
· Last outbound (to North Charleston area) trip is 11:42 p.m.
· Click NASH Schedule to view times and route info.
In order to effectively handle anticipated large volumes of passengers, pedestrians and vehicle traffic; slight detours may occur and additional service may be deployed on Route 4. Buses will run about every 30 minutes, as traffic permits.
Regular Route Service Today
Due to Bridge Run traffic combined with Family Circle Cup visitors; expect possible delays due to anticipated high volumes of traffic. All buses including Express buses will be running on regular schedule but will be affected by the high volumes of traffic.
Regular Route Service on Saturday
On Saturday, April 5, 2014, all routes that travel into the downtown area will be affected by road closures, detours and high volumes of traffic, expect possible delays.
· All DASH routes will not start until the race is completed.
· Routes 10, 11, 20, 21, 30, 31, 301, 40, 41, 201, and 102 will all have detours
· Express Route 4 will run regular service, but the drop off point downtown will near Cannon and King St.
Mt. Pleasant Service:
In order to be as efficient as possible to transport our passengers around Mt. Pleasant and to Downtown while the bridge is closed during the Bridge Run, Routes 40 and 41 will run as follows on Saturday morning::
· Rt. 40: The last trip across the Ravenel Bridge until the conclusion of the race will take place prior to 7 a.m., the time the bridge will close to vehicle traffic.
· Rt. 40 has two vehicles dedicated to it. One bus will circulate only in the Mt. Pleasant area. Using Towne Center as a transfer point, passengers can transfer to the other Rt. 40 bus that will travel back and forth to the downtown area via I-526 until the completion of the race.
· Rt. 41 will run only in Mt. Pleasant on a detour until the race is completed. It will also stop at Towne Center as a transfer point to the Rt. 40 that will be traveling downtown.
Expect some delays on these routes until the bridge has reopened and service returns to normal.
Gaillard Center Announces Second Theo Von Show
Comedian and podcast host Theo Von has added a second show at the Gaillard Center on Saturday, October 23, 2021...
Gaillard Center Announces “Million Dollar Quartet”
Heather McMahan to Perform at the Gaillard Center
Gaillard Center Announces L.O.L. Surprise! Live
Mitchell Hill Celebrates Photography By Tyler Hill with the Opening of “More Together Than Alone”
Charleston Beer Week Set to Return in October
“Whose Line Is It Anyway?” Stars to Perform at the Music Hall
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Events22 hours ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview21 hours ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Uncategorized3 weeks ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food2 weeks ago
Smoky Oak Taproom Closing After 13 Years on James Island