- Police: 1 injured in West Ashley apartment shooting (Live 5 News).
- College of Charleston students demonstrate disagreement over McConnell selection (Post & Courier).
- Board approves $188,000 salary for McConnell (ABC News 4).
- S.C. Senate passes narrow medical marijuana exception (Post & Courier).
- Report: Drunk driver rear ends Charleston police cruiser in West Ashley (Live 5 News).
- S.C. faces huge challenges with aging population, Lt. Gov. McConnell says (Post & Courier).
BEST OF CHARLESTON
- Meet the wild, drunken hobo clowns terrorizing the Holy City
- The wisdom and sorrow of Puddles, the clown with the golden voice
- You can blame Stephen King for the spread of coulrophobia
- Owner of Page’s Okra Grill dies; restaurant to remain closed Wednesday (Post & Courier).
- Old Village Post House Releases Menu for Carolina Rice Kitchen Dinner (Post & Courier).
- Menu Overhaul at Warehouse Reflects New Chef (Eater Charleston).
David McCarus leaving FIG (Charleston City Paper).
- Sticks Make Everything Better (Yelp Charleston).
- Restaurants, Communities, and Teach the Need (Eater Charleston).
- Chasing Down Calabash’s Correct Definition (Post & Courier).
- The Planters Peanut Truck was spotted in Charleston (Facebook).
- Extension Service Seeks Canning Pros (Post & Courier).
- Riverdogs’ taking concessions a healthy step further with sushi dog in 2014 (ABC News 4).
- Crazy Kim now holding court at Ichiban (Post & Courier).
- Double Duty: Wallace Mullinax and the Dead 27′s Hit Spring Jam and the Pour House (Metronome Charleston).
- Hunter Gardner Interviews Mike Birbiglia (Charleston Grit).
- Review: Jason Isbell and Company Rise Up at the Music Hall (Metronome Charleston).
- Lt. Dan weekend at the North Charleston Coliseum (ABC News 4).
- Weeki Wachee Mermaids coming to the South Carolina Aquarium in Charleston (Post & Courier).
- Charlotte mayor arrested on federal corruption charges (WSOCTV).
- Politics take center stage on Folly Beach (ABC News 4).
- Banning Online Gambling: Sen. Lindsey Graham leads the way (The Digitel).
- Haley-Sheheen rematch likely in November (WBTW).
- 2014 state and local candidate filings through Wednesday (Post & Courier).
- Aaron Wilkinson sentenced to 4 years (ABC News 4).
- College of Charleston students pass “No Confidence” bill (ABC News 4).
- Crews contain structure fire in downtown Charleston; Police close nearby streets (Live 5 News).
- Attorney says teachers should be allowed to fight back when attacked by students (Live 5 News).
- Sheriff’s truck stolen, found in Berkeley County (ABC News 4).
- Spring allergy season strikes South Carolina (Carolina Live).
- A mother’s plea for passage of cannabis oil bill (ABC News 4).
- Marine: Beaufort on track to get 1st F-35 in June (News 2).
- Drivers say fleet is broken; Durham says it only owns 1/3 of Charleston buses (ABC News 4).
- Four arrested after investigators find meth lab in Summerville (Live 5 News).
- Summerville rocking chairs fund future artists (News 2).
- No tents on shore in Myrtle Beach during summer (Live 5 News).
- SC superintendent candidates meet school boards (Post & Courier).
- Incentive to help Beaufort historic district (ABC News 4).
- Mothers, former staffers call for Department of Social Services reforms (Post & Courier).
- Benefitfocus looks to international markets (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Olympic dreams bloom for Brazilian golfers at Azalea Invitational (Post & Courier).
- Possible recreation changes in Mount Pleasant (News 2).
- Beaufort elementary school among 2014 Palmetto’s Finest (Live 5 News).
- Georgetown police make arrest in weekend shooting (ABC News 4).
- Building renovation in the works at CofC (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Growing firms, younger folks sought on Hilton Head (ABC News 4).
- USC creates tradition with official tartan (Live 5 News).
- Two Colleton County men arrested after gun sale goes bad (Post & Courier).
- Atlanta group helps Savannah pets avoid euthanasia (ABC News 4).
- Cops: Summerville man exposes himself after offering job to woman (Live 5 News).
Events22 hours ago
Beagle-mania Sweeps Charleston! Pet Helpers Announces Adoption Event For Rescued Dogs
Pet Helpers will be hosting an adoption event on Saturday, August 20, 2022 for the 18 beagles transferred to its...
Events24 hours ago
Modern Literary Legends Set to Unite in Charleston this Fall
Events1 day ago
State Officials, Google Executive to Headline SCDE Summit Highlighting Computer Science and STEM Education
Events1 day ago
Gov’t Mule to Play the Music Hall Next Month
Events1 day ago
Charleston Weekend Events
Events1 day ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
Booze2 days ago
Wine Down Wednesday Returns to Old Towne Creek County Park Next Month