- Hit-and-run driver kills 2 at SXSW (USA Today).
- Driver is from Orangeburg (News 2).
- DOT storm clean-up costs may exceed $160 million (Post & Courier).
- Super Bad building on Charleston’s upper King St. is razed (Post & Courier).
- Lowcountry same-sex couple prepared to fight for last name rights (News 2).
- Dash cam video released after elderly man shot during York Co. stop (Live 5 News).
NATIONAL TOP STORIES
- Nine still missing after Manhattan explosion leaves at least 7 dead, many hurt (CNN).
GRAHAM VS EVERYONE
- Graham: ‘The Legislative Branch Should Declare War On The CIA’ (CBS DC).
- T-Rav: CIA scandal exposes Lindsey Graham’s latest hypocrisy (Charleston City Paper).
- Nancy Mace says: “This takes hypocrisy to a whole new level” (Facebook).
- Lindsey Graham challenger calls SC senator “ambiguously gay” (The State).
- Restaurant pulls out of Boulevard project (ABC News 4).
- Mercato will become Brasserie Gigi (Charleston City Paper).
- Caviar & Bananas Debuts 10 New Sandwiches (HCS).
My Father’s Moustache unites pub life and soccer in Mt. P (Charleston City Paper).
- More style than substance at Lee Lee’s Hot Kitchen (Post & Courier).
- Swoon at the Dining Rooms at Chez Nous (Eater Charleston).
- Carolina’s Restaurant Closing (HCS).
- Eat & Drink: Passing the Torch (Charleston Mag).
- A follower told me that Huger’s on King Street has closed.
- Can Boozy, Televised Sexcapades Fuel a Politicial Comeback? (National Journal).
Southern Charm: school boy lessons (Charleston City Paper).
- Charleston restaurants give their take on ‘Southern Charm’ (Live 5 News).
- Sources: Harrell’s lawyers secretly trying to kick attorney general off his State Grand Jury case (The State).
- Charleston County considers microbrewery zoning (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Vincent Sheheen requests audit of women state workers’ pay (The Island Packet).
- Four abortion bills on Thursday’s agenda at S.C. Statehouse (Charleston City Paper).
- SC bill that could close abortion clinics advances (ABC News 4).
- SC election offices to be closed on 1st filing day (ABC News 4).
CofC/MUSC MERGER TALK
- Faculty, students barrage McConnell with questions on visit (ABC News 4).
- Grumblings out of CofC indicate that Glenn McConnell will become the school’s president. The rest of the process appears to be for show.
- Legislators shouldn’t meddle in the affairs of CofC-MUSC (Charleston City Paper).
- The CofC Student Government Association has posted the purported response from Rep. Stephen Goldfinch regarding academic funding (CofC).
Free association with the SceneSC Sampler’s greatest hits (Charleston City Paper).
- S.C. at SXSW Photo Gallery # 1 (Charleston City Paper).
- Gamecocks upset Arkansas 71-69 at SEC tournament (ABC News 4).
- Top-ranked South Carolina’s first SEC test comes against No. 21 Mississippi (Post & Courier).
- Sapakoff: Summerville’s Janet Cone will build NCAA brackets (Post & Courier).
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kid breaks down hearing Panthers’ Smith cut (Live 5 News).
- Freshmen play key role in success of College of Charleston women’s basketball team (Post & Courier).
- Cougars enter tournament on a roll (Post & Courier).
- Armed Robbery at West Ashley McDonald’s (Live 5 News).
- Charleston County coroner changes ruling in 1998 death after doubts raised about suicide (Post & Courier).
- Aiken police searching for missing teen (The State).
- Watch Out: Local scammer uses some tricky tactics (News 2).
- S.C. ranks top 10 in foreclosure rates (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- North Charleston Officer hurt in car crash (News 2).
- Remembering Jim Miller (Charleston City Paper).
- Councilman wants to boot controversial collectors from Berkeley intersections (Live 5 News).
- Lowcountry Open Land Trust raises $3.3 million for land near Angel Oak (Post & Courier).
- Here’s 1 More Map That Should Outrage Southerners (Huffington Post).
- Charleston woman accused of leaving children, 1 and 4, alone (ABC News 4).
- Thirsty Thursday Tweet-Up at The Joe on May 1st! (HCS).
- School board responds to DJJ takeover proposal (ABC News 4).
- Scott sounds the charge for school choice (Post & Courier).
Bill would keep Common Core standards in SC schools, for now (The Digitel).
- SC Guard jets in exercise over coastal skies (Live 5 News).
- Dorchester County faces overcrowded schools (News 2).
- Step into Serenity at Mepkin Abbey (Charleston Daily).
- Kickstarter CEO to speak at Dig South (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Health Care sign up help from BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina in Lowcountry (News 2).
- Police: Man confesses to shooting himself in hand (ABC News 4)
- Power restored throughout Lowcountry after extreme winds (Live 5 News).
- Breast cancer patient finds strength, courage at gun range (Live 5 News).
- Beachwear brand opens retail shop in Mount Pleasant (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Officials look to create a future with less traffic on James Island (ABC News 4).
- New MinuteClinic opens in Ladson, North Charleston next (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Finding mosquitoes before they find you (ABC News 4).
- USC’s international MBA program tops U.S. News rankings (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Wheelchair can’t stop Mathias or zap his passion for selling olive oil (Post & Courier).
- Man pleads guilty to lesser charges in roommates’ deaths (Live 5 News).
- Video shows crash that injured North Charleston police officer, chaplain (Post & Courier).
- Signs of hope after James Island House fire that rocks hundreds (Live 5 News).
Counting on Nature Program Empowers CCP Guests to Showcase their Natural Findings
Press Release Since the start of 2021, there have already been eight new species discovered on Earth. Charleston County Parks...
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
8th Annual ‘Murica Bar Crawl on King Street is Set for this Saturday
ZZ Top Returns to the North Charleston PAC in September
Gaillard Center Announces An Evening with Antoni
BCLS announces 2D Animation Workshop and Video Instruction Partnership
PCC Honoring National HIV Testing Day with Extended Hours, Gifts
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized4 weeks ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Events2 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview5 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks