Angel Oak Restaurant on Johns Island will host the next Sustainable Seafood Dinner on Monday at 6:30 pm. Ten percent of the proceeds from the event will go to the South Carolina Aquarium Sustainable Seafood Initiative.
Angel Oak’s Executive Chef Jay Kees will prepare a five-course meal complete with wine pairings or a local craft brew. The dinner will include live music from Tom Swift & His Electric Cohorts.
- Smoked snapper and flounder parfait with roasted vegetable mousse and endive paired with Zenato Lugana from Italy
- Roasted clams with house cured bacon, red chilies, and curry paired with Clean Slate Riesling from Germany
- Blackened Vermillion snapper with charred green tomatoes and romesco sauce paired with Renacer Malbec from Argentina
- “Surf and Turf” featuring tuna filet with quail egg and Maltese sauce, and sesame seared tuna with a cucumber mousse paired with Juve y Camp Cava from Spain
- Salted buttermilk crème caramel with toasted pecans paired with Hidalgo cream sherry from Spain
The dinner is $50 (add $20 for wine pairings). Reservations can be made by calling (843) 556-7525.
Charleston Symphony Orchestra League Wins National Award; Announces Car Raffle
Press Release The Charleston Symphony Orchestra League (CSOL®) is one of six volunteer organizations chosen by The Volunteer Council of...