The College of Charleston Observatory will be open to the public tomorrow from 6:30 until 8:00 pm. There is no cost to attend and people of all ages are welcome.
Astronomy Professor Laura Penny said through a press that Jupiter would be the only “naked-eye” planet visible tonight, but star-gazers will also be able to see Orion, Taurus, Gemini, Canis Major and Minor and more.
Other astronomers from the Department of Physics and Astronomy will be on-hand to assist, direct, and answer any questions observers may have.
If you would like to attend, here are some important pieces of information:
- Attendees should enter at the Rita Liddy Hollings Science Center at 58 Coming Street then check in with the Society of Physics Students host.
- Open-toe shoes are not permitted on the observing deck
- If you plan to bring a large group (10 or more) or if you will need special accommodations, please contact Chris True at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-953-2031.
For further information and last-minute weather alerts, click here.
Can’t make it tonight? The Department of Physics and Astronomy will hold similar events on February 21st and March 21st.
Miller Gallery to Celebrate the Opening of “Unbroken” on August 7th
On August 7th, Miller Gallery will be celebrating the opening of Unbroken. Two local artists working in different mediums have...
Itinerant Literate Books and Commonhouse Aleworks Launch Brewing on Books – A Community Book Club
Dog Day Afternoon at Local Waterparks Set for September 11th & 12th
Party at the Point Concert Series Announces Additional Dates
Steely Dan Coming to the North Charleston Performing Arts Center in October
North Charleston POPS! Announces 10th Anniversary Season
Multi-platinum, Grammy Award Winning Artist Nelly Coming to the North Charleston PAC
- Uncategorized6 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized2 years ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized2 months ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Events4 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview3 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks