- Lt. Gov. McConnell not seeking new term, pursuing CofC presidency instead (Live 5 News).
- Family of North Charleston shooting victim remembers her (ABC News 4).
- Sen. Graham’s plane forced to turn back after engine sounds (ABC News 4).
- Colleton County, DD2, CCSD delay school for cold temperatures (ABC News 4).
- With plunging temps, Charleston Animal Society urges special care for pets, other animals (Post & Courier).
- Experts urge common sense to protect home and life during cold snap (Live 5 News).
- Cold weather plans implemented as cold creeps into SC (ABC News 4).
- Dorchester Co. government offices have delayed opening on Tuesday (Live 5 News).
- Cold Temps = School Delays? (Charleston Grit).
- Preventing frozen pipes during upcoming cold snap (Live 5 News).
- Red Cross supports overnight warming center in Williamsburg Co. (ABC News 4).
- Sheriff’s detention center offering shelter for homeless (Live 5 News).
- How to keep the kids warm during below freezing temperatures (News 2).
- Heating systems working overtime during bone-chilling weather (Live 5 News).
- Charleston Fire Department issues fire safety tips for cold weather (News 2).
- Food & Beverage Industry Remembers Christopher West (Post & Courier).
A celebration of Chris West’s awesome life (Charleston City Paper).
- Naming Contest: A New Year Equals New Nasties (Eater Charleston).
- Edmund’s Oast is now accepting resumes for all front of house positions (Facebook).
- Mercato’s Closing a Surprise to Employees (Eater Charleston).
- On the Trail of Charleston’s Unexpected Chicken Wings (Post & Courier).
- Fire officials determine candles ignited Nassau Street house fire (News 2).
- Lashes and Lace won Wedding Wire’s 2014 “Couple’s Choice Award.” The award goes to the top 5% of wedding vendors nationwide (Facebook).
- Nominations now open for CRBJ’s “Forty Under 40” (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Enter for your chance to win The Alley Charleston and Charleston Weddings’ Rehearsal Dinner After Party Giveaway (CWM).
- CCSO: Suspect pays $2 for Pepsi, grabs cash from register (ABC News 4).
- Shopping centers heading to auction block (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- NCFD: Friday fires related to ‘heating issues’ (ABC News 4).
- Cops: Man robs gas stations, leads police on two car chases (Live 5 News).
- CCSO: Squash silencer used to shoot up Sunoco window (ABC News 4).
- Army Corps, SPA withdraw appeal over Charleston cruise terminal permit (Post & Courier).
- Boeing delivers 65 Dreamliners in 2013 (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Citadel basketball drops heartbreaker to Chattanooga, 82-78 (Post & Courier).
- BCSO: Stolen guns recovered in Moncks Corner (ABC News 4).
- Lenoir-Rhyne coach Mike Houston meets with Citadel; Navy assistant reportedly withdraws from search (Post & Courier).
- Deputies searching for armed robbery suspect (ABC News 4).
- Radio chatter reveals moments before officer saves man who crashed in pond (Live 5 News).
- Coast Guard encourages boaters to secure vessels for high winds (ABC News 4).
- Charleston doctor participates in national study linking vitamin E intake with better outcomes in Alzheimer’s patients (Post & Courier).
- Restaurant Week set to kick off Wednesday (ABC News 4).
- Mount Pleasant may change its garbage/yard waste collection (Post & Courier).
Charity2 hours ago
Pay It Forward and Heritage Radio Network to Co-host Dinner Event at High Wire Distilling on September 9th
On Friday, September 9th, Pay It Forward Charleston and Heritage Radio Network (Brooklyn, NY) will kick off the “Brighter Days...
Events3 hours ago
Post & Courier to Host “Pints & Politics” Event with Dr. Annie Andrews and Rep. Nancy Mace
Charity3 hours ago
The Lonon Foundation Announces 6th Annual Hike for Mike Fundraiser Featuring Family Yoga, Mindfulness Sessions, Music, and More
Events3 hours ago
Black Door Café at the Mills House Hotel Launches Brew School Series
Events4 hours ago
The City of Charleston, Shifa Clinic Hosting First Clinic at Hope Center on August 19th
Events4 hours ago
The Carolina Waltz – A Tribute To The Band’s “Last Waltz” – to Play the Charleston Pour House in November
Events6 hours ago
Charleston Weekend Events