- Neighbors worried about string of deadly shootings (ABC News 4).
- Two separate Charleston County Deputy accidents following armed robbery call (Live 5 News).
- Search for suspect continues (Live 5 News).
- Sheriff’s office investigating after Molotov cocktail thrown into vacant home (Live 5 News).
- Judge denies bond to former Charleston firefighter in alleged murder for hire plot (News 2).
- Pantheon’s NYE Celebration Marred by Pepper Spray (HCS).
- SCHP: Injuries involved after deputy attempts U-Turn in Summerville (Live 5 News).
- Balloon released in Iowa found in SC, and message travels along with it (Live 5 News).
- Carter’s Kitchen to reopen Jan. 8 after deck fire early Sunday (Charleston City Paper).
- Harris Teeter to open in North Charleston (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Husk Nashville: Charleston restaurant’s kin offers poised and detailed cooking (Charleston Scene).
- Updating the Charleston Heatmap, January 2014 (Eater Charleston).
POLAR BEAR PLUNGES
- Annual Polar Plunge draws thousands to Sullivan’s Island (Live 5 News).
- Folly Beach Polar Bear Plunge Gallery (Charleston Scene).
THE LIGHTER SIDE OF CRIME
- Grand Strand couple charged after fight during ‘three-way’ (The State).
- Report: Man arrested after running into former Laing Middle School (ABC News 4).
- Orange Bowl notes: Clemson builds its national brand, seeks landmark win against Buckeyes (Post & Courier).
- Dabo, Meyer say teams are ready for Orange Bowl (ABC News 4).
- Orange Bowl primer: Nikki Haley trash talk and Clemson’s Mark Wahlberg motivation (Post & Courier).
- Stingrays Add Defenseman Drew Baker (SC Stingrays).
- Agent: Jadeveon Clowney’s goal is No. 1 spot in NFL Draft (Post & Courier).
- UAB quarterback Austin Brown transfers to Charleston Southern (Post & Courier).
- The Citadel Announces 2014 Spring Women’s Soccer Schedule.
- SC had cheapest gas in 2013 for second consecutive year (News 2).
- St. Maarten prosecutors mull appeal of verdicts in King murder case (Post & Courier).
- Parade marks 151 years since Emancipation Proclamation signing (ABC News 4).
- Cause unknown as Mt. Pleasant home catches fire (Live 5 News).
- SLED investigating homicide after fire chief dies of stab wound (Live 5 News).
- Mother Charged With DUI After 2 Children Die In Oconee Co. Crash (News 2).
Submit your film to the Charleston Film Festival (Charleston City Paper).
21 Charleston singers to reenact ‘We Are The World’ at Pour House Sunday (Charleston City Paper).
- 4 years on, Charleston cruise debate lingers (ABC News 4).
- Charleston County tax deadline approaching (ABC News 4).
- Facebook account deleted in case of NC missing teen (News 2).
- DNR: 8-year-old boy accidentally shot while hunting in Florence County (Live 5 News).
- Teen transported to the hospital after fireworks accident in Goose Creek (Live 5 News).
- Police: Mt. Pleasant man arrested for DUI after hit-and-run accident (ABC News 4).
- Alzheimer’s study may bring hope to patients (Live 5 News).
- Cops: Assault suspect injured after victim smashes bottle on his head (Live 5 News).
- 3 state parks to be burned this winter (ABC News 4).
- Bees Ferry Landfill offering free compost for Christmas trees (Live 5 News).
- MUSC files suit against drugmaker (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Man Accused In 2006 Seneca Murder Escapes SC Mental Facility (News 2).
- Summerville man arrested in TD Bank robbery case (ABC News 4).
- Law enforcement officers face greatest risk on the highway (Live 5 News).
- Va. firm’s $3.6M buy of Dorchester shopping center part of $15M spree (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Missing woman Jamie Lynn Cross found safe (Live 5 News).
- Military couple from SC welcomes Anchorage’s first baby (ABC News 4).
- 3 caskets stolen from Union funeral home (ABC News 4).
Memorial Service for Medal of Honor Recipient Hershel “Woody” Williams to be Held Friday at Patriots Point
Press Release On Friday, July 1st at 10:30 am, Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum and the Congressional Medal of...